Amazing NASA Moon Footage from Electric Space Craft

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moon
In summary, these moon photos are probably not real. There may be a shadow or smudge on the camera that makes it look like there's a plume, but it's probably not real.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
"Astounding Moon Footage"

A running story with the pseudo crowd, this is almost certainly bunk. I will post any related information should it become available.

The August, 2003 issue of Electric Space Craft, a scientific journal, contains an amazing series of images taken from NASA footage included in the TV program, NOVA: To the Moon. The significance of the images has only recently been noticed

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Curious... the link doesn't work for me, and googling for Electric Spacecraft gives a journal that apparently hasn't been updated since december 2002...

http://www.electric spacecraft .com/journal.htm

Originally posted by FZ+
Curious... the link doesn't work for me, and googling for Electric Spacecraft gives a journal that apparently hasn't been updated since december 2002...

http://www.electric spacecraft .com/journal.htm
Ivan's link worked OK for me - when you searched, did you google for Elec. Spacecraft (two words) or Electric Space Craft (three words), as in Ivan's post? That might make a difference.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
A running story with the pseudo crowd, this is almost certainly bunk. I will post any related information should it become available.

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/moon/esjmoon.html

That's very wierd, Ivan. At first I thought the smoke plume might be a shadow of the projection, but the relative position of the sun to the Earth doesn't seem to support this. Hmmm... Wierd.

Originally posted by Tsunami
Ivan's link worked OK for me - when you searched, did you google for Elec. Spacecraft (two words) or Electric Space Craft (three words), as in Ivan's post? That might make a difference.
Nope... now that Ivan's link is working... You might notice that the link I gave was also linked to FROM Ivan's link.

Did NASA want you to see this?
Though this is gibberish, the photos are kinda interesting...
One thing to suggest though is that while the "plume" may not be the shadow, the actual tower may be simply a pretty small object exaggerated by the sun from an odd direction. Has happened before...

For the "plume"... Dunno, but one possiblility is a smudge etc on the actual camera itself. For example, looking at this frame, you can see a dark patch in the same position the plume appears a bit later, and we can see a change in the brightness of the entire picture in the frame it does... Hope the attachment works...

Attachments

• moonanalyse.jpg
    moonanalyse.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 415

1. What is the significance of the "Amazing NASA Moon Footage from Electric Space Craft"?

The footage captured by NASA's electric space craft provides valuable insights and data about the moon's surface and environment. This information can be used to further our understanding of the moon's formation, its geological features, and potential for future exploration.

2. How was the footage captured by the electric space craft?

The electric space craft is equipped with high-resolution cameras that were specifically designed to capture clear and detailed footage of the moon's surface. The craft's advanced technology and precise control also allowed for accurate positioning and navigation during the recording process.

3. What can we learn from the footage?

The footage provides a closer look at the moon's topography, including its craters, mountains, and valleys. It also allows us to study the moon's geological processes, such as impact cratering and volcanic activity. Additionally, the footage can help us understand the moon's composition and potential resources.

4. How does this footage differ from previous moon footage?

The footage captured by the electric space craft offers a more detailed and comprehensive view of the moon's surface compared to previous footage. The use of advanced technology and precise control allows for better resolution and accuracy in the recordings.

5. What future implications does this footage have?

The footage from the electric space craft can aid in future moon exploration and potential human missions. By studying the moon's surface and environment, we can better prepare for potential challenges and determine the best locations for landing and conducting research. The footage also has the potential to inspire and educate future generations about space exploration and the wonders of the moon.