Confirm an equation for energy

• Thread starter Flux
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Energy
In summary, the equation for energy is E = mc², where E represents energy, m represents mass, and c represents the speed of light. This equation, proposed by Albert Einstein, describes the relationship between mass and energy and is a fundamental principle in the field of physics. It states that energy and mass are interchangeable and can be converted into each other. This equation has had a significant impact on our understanding of the universe and has been confirmed through various experiments and observations.
Flux
I was looking around the internet to confirm an equation for energy when I found this website:

http://www.nov55.com/ener.html

Any comments on his ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So I was thinking about Einstein's equation which says that energy in matter is equal to its mass time the velocity of squared. It occurred to me that he would have had something if he hadn't squared the velocity of light, because nothing can move at velocity squared.

http://www.nov55.com/abt.html

HAHAHAHA

*snarf*

*whimper*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What is the equation for energy?

The equation for energy is E = mc^2, where E represents energy, m represents mass, and c represents the speed of light.

How is energy calculated using this equation?

To calculate energy using this equation, you would need to know the mass of the object in kilograms and the speed of light in meters per second. Simply plug in these values and solve for energy in joules.

What are the units for energy in this equation?

The units for energy in this equation are joules (J), which is a unit of measurement for energy in the International System of Units (SI).

Is this equation applicable to all forms of energy?

No, this equation is specifically used to calculate the energy of an object based on its mass and the speed of light. It does not apply to all forms of energy, such as potential or kinetic energy.

What is the significance of this equation in the field of science?

This equation, also known as the mass-energy equivalence, is significant because it explains the relationship between mass and energy and how they are interchangeable. It is also a cornerstone of modern physics and has been confirmed through numerous experiments and observations.