A physics question i do not understand Please help

• Thread starter mynameistessa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the best way to approach understanding a physics question is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. To improve problem-solving skills, one should practice and have a good understanding of fundamental concepts. There are various resources, such as textbooks and teacher/tutor assistance, available to help understand difficult questions. Real-life examples can also be applied by looking for analogies or visualizing the problem. It is perfectly acceptable to ask for help when struggling with a physics question.
mynameistessa

Homework Statement

The floor of a room measures 6.0 m x 4.0 m. Calculate its area in m^2, cm^2 and mm^2. The room height is 3.0. Calculate its volume in m^3, cm^3 and mm^3.

Homework Equations

centi = 10^-2
milli = 10^-3

The Attempt at a Solution

To get it into cm^2 and mm^3 i tried multiplying the numbers by the value of centi and milli but this is wrong. Please could you show me how to do it and explain why :D
Thank you so much! x

Physics news on Phys.org
If 100 centimeter = 1 meter, then the ratio 100cm/1m = 1, correct? What happens if you square both sides?

Related to A physics question i do not understand Please help

1. What is the best way to approach understanding a physics question I do not understand?

The best way to approach understanding a physics question is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying what exactly you do not understand and then try to find related concepts that you do understand. You can also try looking for similar examples or asking for help from a teacher or tutor.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

Improving your problem-solving skills in physics requires practice and a good understanding of the fundamental concepts. Start by reviewing the basic principles and equations and then work on solving a variety of problems. It can also be helpful to work in a group and discuss different approaches to solving problems.

3. What resources are available to help me understand a difficult physics question?

There are many resources available to help you understand difficult physics questions. You can consult textbooks, online resources, videos, and seek help from a teacher or tutor. It can also be helpful to join a study group or attend review sessions to get additional support.

4. How can I apply real-life examples to help me understand a physics question?

One way to apply real-life examples to help understand a physics question is to look for analogies or similarities between the real-life situation and the concept being discussed. You can also try visualizing the problem or creating a diagram to better understand the physical phenomenon being described.

5. Is it okay to ask for help when I do not understand a physics question?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help when you do not understand a physics question. In fact, seeking help can be a valuable learning tool and can help you gain a deeper understanding of the material. Remember, even the most experienced scientists ask for help and consult with others when solving difficult problems.