Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] A Page Which is Consistently Unresponsive

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
Works fine here.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
The page loads fine for me as well. What OS and browser are you using, including version numbers?

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
The page loads fine for me as well. What OS and browser are you using, including version numbers?
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and my browser is chromium. I don't the version number of my browser but I am sure it is the latest version because it gets updated regularly.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and my browser is chromium. I don't the version number of my browser but I am sure it is the latest version because it gets updated regularly.
Have you tried loading the page with Firefox?

Prakhar

MHB Ambassador
MHB Ambassador
Mar 18, 2015
I have all same configurations except for the browser (i.e., Mozilla Firefox) and works fine here. I have also tested the same thread with Google Chrome and that works fine too. Try clearing your browser's cache.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Have you tried loading the page with Firefox?
Thanks. It works fine with mozilla. Though I always prefer chromium.

- - - Updated - - -

I have all same configurations except for the browser (i.e., Mozilla Firefox) and works fine here. I have also tested the same thread with Google Chrome and that works fine too. Try clearing your browser's cache.
I cleared the cache but till didn't work.

Anyway, it seems only that particular page is misbehaving. So for this one time I'll use mozilla.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Chromium versus Chrome: it seems to me that this is an example of the purity of one principle (Chromium and FOSS) superceding practicality (Chrome and compatibility). I can't say that I would ever recommend Chromium as a browser right now. It just doesn't keep up with things. Chrome and Firefox are the best, hands down. Moreover, web page designers and programmers can't ensure that their web pages render correctly in every single browser known to man (just look at Lynx!). Life is too short.

So I take this as one instance where the argument ad populum, namely that "everyone is using Chrome and Firefox", normally a fallacy, is actually valid, because the very fact that most people are using Chrome and Firefox influences web page designers to make sure their web pages render correctly in those browsers!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

Bacterius

MHB Math Helper
Jan 26, 2012
I am unable to view that image without login information. Can you just upload the image as an attachment? :D
Perhaps ironically, I can see it just fine without a dropbox account.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Chromium versus Chrome: it seems to me that this is an example of the purity of one principle (Chromium and FOSS) superceding practicality (Chrome and compatibility). I can't say that I would ever recommend Chromium as a browser right now. It just doesn't keep up with things. Chrome and Firefox are the best, hands down. Moreover, web page designers and programmers can't ensure that their web pages render correctly in every single browser known to man (just look at Lynx!). Life is too short.

So I take this as one instance where the argument ad populum, namely that "everyone is using Chrome and Firefox", normally a fallacy, is actually valid, because the very fact that most people are using Chrome and Firefox influences web page designers to make sure their web pages render correctly in those browsers!
This post put a smile on my face and a song in my heart. (Cool)

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I can also see the attachment.

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
I am unable to view that image without login information. Can you just upload the image as an attachment? :D
The size of the image was too big to attach. And it is rahter weird that you are not able to view it since the permissions I have granted on this link dictate that anybody with the link should be able to view the image.

Anyway, the issue is resolved. I think I should use firefox for MHB.