Need help with unavailable old feature.

• Thread starter ObsessiveMathsFreak
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a new way of writing math symbols using special codes that are surrounded by & and ;. The old way of writing the integral symbol [int] is no longer working and neither are many other old symbols. The conversation also explores the use of these codes for various Greek letters and capital letters. The discovery of this new code is attributed to someone finding it by checking the source code of a website. The conversation ends with speculation about whether this code works for symbols other than Greek letters and an announcement made in a science forum about this discovery.
ObsessiveMathsFreak
Learn how to make may symbols

the old way of writing the integral symbol- [int]
isn't working anymore.

Neither are a lot of old maths symbols.

Is this feature available anymore and if so is there a list of what is useable

<int>
&int;

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey! I found something that works!

type
&
int
;

just without the return lines of course

let's see...

&thete; &alpha;
&tt; &aa;
&nabla;
&es;

Ok, sorry for technically spamming but since no other list is available I might as well see if these work.

I'll type the word then type it again but surround it with a & and a ;

Like this

word &word;

If it works a symbol should appear. OK so far

int &int;
nabla &nabla;
alpha &alpha;
theta &theta;
beta &beta;
epsilon &epsilion;
delta &delta;
gamma &gamma;
mu &mu;
nu &nu;
omega &omega;
sigma &sigma;
pi &pi;
zeta &zeta;

Alpha &Alpha;
ALPHA &ALPHA;

hope these have worked

WOAHHH!
Check out all the stuff.
Does anyone know what this code is? There should be as list.

P.S. Is this appearing on everyone's browsers?

phi &phi;
rho &rho;
Pi &Pi;

can it do capitals?

Gamma &Gamma;
gamma &gamma;

Phi &Phi;
Theta &Theta;

Mu &Mu;
Omega &Omega;
omega &omega;

Wow, these symbols are amazing, the &int; sign is amazing compared to the old one. and also the others like &phi; and &omega; and &zeta; and the capitals like &Omega; and &Gamma; are really cool also.

Out of curiosity how did you find this magic new code? Surely you just didn't guess it...

Wow, I'm really impressed. Here is an example of how to make them: & Gamma ; (no spaces)

I can remember someone printing &nabla; once

so I checked the source cose,(view menu,source) and I saw they had written & nabla ; no spaces.

So I just tried it for int at the top of the page to see if it would work.

It did and well, you can see the results for yourself. I'm wondering if things other than greek letters work.

I've made ana annoucement in the science forums about this.

What is the unavailable old feature?

The unavailable old feature is a feature that was previously available but has since been removed or replaced.

Why is the old feature no longer available?

The old feature may no longer be available due to various reasons such as being outdated, not being utilized by users, or being replaced by a newer and better feature.

Can the old feature be brought back?

It depends on the reason why the old feature was removed. If it was due to being outdated, it may not be possible to bring it back. However, if it was simply replaced, it may be possible to reintroduce it in the future.

Is there a workaround for the unavailable old feature?

It is possible that there may be a workaround or alternative method to achieve the same functionality as the unavailable old feature. It is recommended to consult with the software developer for possible solutions.

Will there be a replacement for the old feature?

It is possible that a new and improved feature may be introduced in place of the old feature. However, this is dependent on the development plans and priorities of the software company.