Conducter in magnet fild - curent

• Thread starter jhirlo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magnet
In summary: But the magnetic field does not have a gravitational charge.In summary, the conversation discusses the reasons behind the motion of electrons in a magnetic field and the role of Faraday's Law and Lorentz force in explaining this phenomenon. The concept of invariance is also brought up in relation to the Lorentz force and the behavior of charged particles with spin. The speaker also questions the equivalence of moving through a constant magnetic field and being stationary in a changing magnetic field. The conversation ends with a discussion on the relationship between gravitational attraction and the magnetic field's energy.
jhirlo
I can't get it imy head why are electrons set in motion in magnet fild - that changes, or why do they move in not strait motion in stady magnetic fild.
I know about Lorentz force, but i don't know why, and why that specific direction?

I've tryed to correlate it to electrons magnetic fild and spin, but i haven't ended with conclusion, i just need an explanation.

Plus to me, moving through magnetic fild (conducter like in generators), do not seems same as standing still, and changing magnetic fild ?

p.s. what is particle that carries magnetic fild ? Photon maybe, but it can't be it goes in non starit lines (certainly not photon I'm seening when I'm looking in this screen :) )

p.s.s. does gravitation attratcts magnetic field ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by jhirlo
... why are electrons set in motion in magnet fild - that changes, ...
Faraday's Law.

... or why do they move in not strait motion in stady magnetic fild.
Lorentz force. Don't confuse it with Faraday's law.

I know about Lorentz force, but i don't know why, and why that specific direction?
The Lorentz force is a fundamental (as far as I know) characterization of nature. Almost as fundamental as 3 extended spatial dimentsion, or something like that. This is assuming you are wondering why electromagnetism exists, that is, why charge interacts with the electromagnetic field.

Perhaps you mean, why is there a vxB term in the Lorentz force law? Well, that is a consequence of invariance. Relativity explains away most of the mysterious character of electromagnetism, i.e. it composes Maxwell's equations into 2 instead of 4, and the Lorentz force is just a result of a Lorentz boost on the Coulomb force. Of course, there will always be a "why?" in the back of your head, if you are fundamentally curious.

I've tryed to correlate it to electrons magnetic fild and spin, but i haven't ended with conclusion, i just need an explanation.
In the classical theory, the dynamics of charged particles are governed by the Lorentz force regardless of whether or not they have spin.

Plus to me, moving through magnetic fild (conducter like in generators), do not seems same as standing still, and changing magnetic fild ?
If someone has told you that these two phenomena are identical, then don't listen to them.

Well, let me ellaborate with the most obvious counterexample. Moving through a constant magnetic field can be transformed to the rest frame in which the magnetic field will still not appear to change in time. So, how can that be equivalent to being stationary in a magnetic field that <i>is</i> changing in time?

what is particle that carries magnetic fild ? Photon maybe, but it can't be it goes in non starit lines (certainly not photon I'm seening when I'm looking in this screen :) )
I don't understand what you're asking here.

does gravitation attratcts magnetic field ?
Sort of. The magnetic field has energy. Energy is an interaction term for gravitation.

Last edited:

The movement of electrons in a magnetic field is a result of the Lorentz force, which is the force experienced by a charged particle moving through a magnetic field. This force is perpendicular to both the direction of motion of the particle and the direction of the magnetic field. This is why electrons in a magnetic field do not move in a straight line, as the force acting on them is constantly changing direction.

As for why the electrons move in a specific direction, it is determined by the direction of the magnetic field and the charge of the particle. Electrons, which have a negative charge, will experience a force in the opposite direction of the magnetic field, while positively charged particles will experience a force in the same direction as the magnetic field.

The relationship between electrons and their magnetic field and spin is complex and not fully understood. However, it is known that the spin of electrons can affect their behavior in a magnetic field.

The particle that carries a magnetic field is not a photon, but rather a virtual particle called a virtual photon. These particles are not observable, but they mediate the electromagnetic force, which includes the magnetic field.

Gravitation does not attract a magnetic field. The two forces are separate and do not interact with each other. However, in certain situations, such as near a black hole, the magnetic field may be affected by the strong gravity of the object.

What is a conductor?

A conductor is a material that allows electrical current to flow through it easily. Examples of conductors include metals such as copper, aluminum, and gold.

What is a magnet field?

A magnet field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be felt. It is created by a magnet or by electric current flowing through a conductor.

How does a conductor interact with a magnet field?

A conductor placed in a magnet field will experience a force called the Lorentz force. This force causes the conductor to move in a direction perpendicular to both the magnetic field and the direction of current flow.

What is the relationship between conductor, magnet field, and current?

The conductor, magnet field, and current are all interconnected. When a current flows through a conductor in a magnet field, it experiences a force. Conversely, if a conductor is moved through a magnet field, it can generate an electric current.

What are the applications of conductor in a magnet field?

The interaction between a conductor and a magnet field has many practical applications. It is used in devices such as motors, generators, and transformers. It is also used in technologies like magnetic levitation and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).