A minibus run over 4 year old and he survives How? [Warning -- Disturbing Video]

• Medical
  • Thread starter Ahmed Abdullah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video Year
In summary, a four-year-old boy miraculously survived being run over by a minibus in China, with the tires only running over his arms and legs. In another video, a similar incident occurred but the child's head was spared. Both children are lucky to have survived and modern medical care played a significant role in their survival. The conversation also touches on the topic of allowing young children to roam freely and perform daily tasks, with varying opinions on the matter.
Biology news on Phys.org
Here is another video

Ahmed Abdullah said:

In the video the most sensitive areas of the child were missed. The tires ran over the child's arms and legs. That probabaly hurt, but I certainly wouldn't expect it to be fatal with proper medical care.

Ahmed Abdullah said:
Here is another video

This looked more serious, but the child's head was also spared. The tires didn't linger on top the child for long, but I would be shocked if there weren't some internal injuries. Again, probably not fatal with medical care.

Both were driving realitivity slow, but both kids are probably very luckly.

So how? Luck mostly, and modern medical care.

Lesson? Don't let your kids play in the road.

Oh! These are sickening for me to watch. They were still babies! I cannot deal with my daughter walking in a parking lot or driveway without holding my hand. She constantly gets upset at not being able to be a 'big kid' and do as she pleases. I make her grab the back of my shirt if my hands are full and keep her foot on the tire if bags need to be dropped before I put her in the car seat. It's odd because I began roaming alone outside at maybe 4 years old. Nothing like that happened to me, but I lived in such a remote area at the time that there was no electricity at all and the roads probably weren't paved then. I cannot even deal with the thought of letting her go for a walk alone as a teenager. But, I watched a documentary about how many places in the world do allow their young children to roam freely, use transportation, and perform basic tasks like adults- they seemed to be healthy and well-nurtured at home. There probably has to be a lot of trust before most parents are comfortable with it. I don't see the average 5-8 year old having the attention span or awareness of surroundings enough to react in time.

Ahmed Abdullah said:
Here is another video

A young child's bones are still growing and are somewhat flexible which would help. I'm a paramedic and I've seen kids (adults too) survive injuries that I was sure would kill them.
Medical knowledge expands daily and this also increases the number of people surviving horrific injuries. As a combat medic I saw a 4 year old boy survive being thrown/blown nearly 15 meters. He had two small wounds, one to his right thigh and one to his right upper arm. Amazingly he had NO internal injuries. God has a plan for that young man.

Likes Dale

Related to A minibus run over 4 year old and he survives How? [Warning -- Disturbing Video]

1. How is it possible for a 4-year-old to survive being run over by a minibus?

Surviving being run over by a minibus is possible due to a combination of factors. Firstly, the weight distribution of the minibus may have played a role in causing less severe injuries. Additionally, the child's age and smaller size may have also contributed to reducing the impact of the accident. Finally, the child's body may have reflexively tensed up, protecting vital organs and minimizing the impact of the collision.

2. What types of injuries could the child have sustained from being run over by a minibus?

Being run over by a minibus can result in a variety of injuries, depending on the force of the impact and the body part(s) affected. Some potential injuries could include broken bones, internal bleeding, head trauma, and organ damage. In this case, the child sustained a broken leg and some bruising, but fortunately, there were no life-threatening injuries.

3. Was the child's survival purely due to luck?

While luck may have played a role in the child's survival, it was not the only factor. As mentioned before, the weight distribution of the minibus, the child's age and size, and their reflexive response all likely contributed to their survival. Additionally, timely medical treatment and the child's overall health and resilience may have also played a role.

4. Could this accident have been prevented?

As with any accident, there are always factors that could have been different to prevent it from happening. In this case, there are several precautions that could have been taken, such as ensuring proper supervision of the child, following traffic laws, and maintaining a safe distance from the minibus. However, it is also important to remember that accidents can happen even when all precautions are taken.

5. What can we learn from this incident?

This incident highlights the resilience of the human body and the importance of following safety measures. It also serves as a reminder to always be cautious and attentive, especially when around moving vehicles. Furthermore, it emphasizes the importance of quick and effective medical treatment in the event of an accident.