A LEVEL (Advanced Level) CHOICES

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on which A level options to choose for sixth form. They are currently considering Biology, Economics, and Statistics, but are also thinking about switching to Chemistry, Economics, and Law. They are seeking guidance on which options will open the most doors for them in the future. The speaker has also mentioned that they have done research and spoken to their teachers and advisors. The other person in the conversation advises the speaker to choose the A levels that will give them the best grades and mentions that many UK universities offer foundation year courses. They also mention that Biology is a lot of work and suggest considering Maths or Core Maths. Ultimately, the decision is up to the speaker and they should think about what is best for their
Physiona
Hello.
I'm assuming by the title of this thread that it isn't relevant to confess this certain topic here but I would like to get some advice.
I'm moving to sixth form and I have currently as my a level options Biology Economics and Statistics. I'm considering in changing these to Chemistry Economics and Law. My school has advised me to choose these carefully and to also choose 2 core ones which are work overload and one free option which I will enjoy. Considering my options I would like to know which option best suits me. At uni I'm not sure in what to study but I want to know which 3 options will open the most doors for me later on. Should I stick to my first option with biology as that includes science economics and a bit of maths analysis or my second option which has both science and economics with law?

SIDENOTE: I'm trying to do as much research as possible so please don't assume I haven't done that And i have spoken with all my teachers and advisors. No hate and a little guidance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
To be honest I would pick the A levels you think will give you best grades. Many universities in the UK offer foundation year courses if you decide later you want to do a degree which requires an A level you don't have.

I've heard Biology is quite a lot of work, more than Chemistry, not that Chemistry is easy.

Have you considered Maths or Core Maths? The latter is an AS or 1/2A Level.

This is your first choice before you make some very big choices. So you need to think about why you might want to do one or the other. Are you going to decide based on what is good for the future or on what would be nice to do, or on what others think, etc? This is your decision to make and no one else can make it.

Related to A LEVEL (Advanced Level) CHOICES

1. What is the purpose of A Level choices?

The purpose of A Level choices is to allow students to specialize in academic subjects of their choice in preparation for higher education or the workforce.

2. How many A Level choices can I make?

Most students typically choose three or four A Level subjects, but the number of choices can vary depending on the school or program.

3. How do I choose the best A Level subjects for me?

It is important to consider your strengths, interests, and future goals when choosing A Level subjects. You should also consult with teachers, advisors, and family members for guidance.

4. Can I change my A Level choices once I have started?

It is possible to change your A Level choices, but it may be subject to availability and approval from your school or program. It is important to carefully consider your choices before starting as it may impact your future academic or career paths.

5. How do A Level choices affect university admissions?

A Level choices can have a significant impact on university admissions, as they demonstrate your academic abilities and subject knowledge. It is important to choose A Level subjects that align with your desired university program and meet any specific requirements.