A Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory

In summary: I can answer your question.In summary, the paper discusses a possible theory that has 5 and 6 dimensions that are timelike. The theory is based on Kaluza-Klein ideas and extra dimensions. There is some skepticism about the theory, but it is still an interesting idea.
selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
..From X. Chen, with dimensions 5 and 6 being timelike and constituting the hidden variables. http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0501034.

This is not a "TD" type of theory, and Chen has the theoretical chops to have been an arxiv contributer for years. I know there has been interest in multiple times here, and this is a pretty interesting example.

Physics news on Phys.org
selfAdjoint said:
..From X. Chen, with dimensions 5 and 6 being timelike and constituting the hidden variables. http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0501034.

This is not a "TD" type of theory, and Chen has the theoretical chops to have been an arxiv contributer for years. I know there has been interest in multiple times here, and this is a pretty interesting example.
I'm suprised there haven't been any replys about this paper. I'd like to know what others think. Thanks for the link sA.

Regards

dlgoff said:
I'm suprised there haven't been any replys about this paper. I'd like to know what others think. Thanks for the link sA.

Regards
You might try posting a thread about it on sci.physics.research, there'd probably be more people with the expertise to evaluate it there.

does that mean you can answer my question?

I have a copy of your paper, but could you explain it in simple terms, for someone like me, in terms of a cloud for example.

Regards

Terry Giblin

The string theory thread would also seem an appropriate place to post the original message.

PhysicsFan said:
The string theory thread would also seem an appropriate place to post the original message.
Would you have to have strings in this case? If I understand it, there are only 3 spatial dimensions. And 3 time dimensions.

Regards

I just thought that because some Kaluza-Klein ideas and the idea of extra dimensions have been invoked within string theory, some people who look primarily at the string theory thread within this website might be able to comment on the original topic. Posting in the string area would just be a way of reaching a potential audience. That's all. I don't know if "hidden variables theory" requires strings.

I am going to post in the relativity forum. Reason: I have doubts about some of his derivations and I would like an expert on GR tech to look at it.

I look forward to following your thread. I'm no math whiz, but I'd like to learn if there is any merit to his ideas.

Thanks

Don

Related to A Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory

1. What is a Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory?

A Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory is a theoretical framework that attempts to unify the theories of general relativity and quantum mechanics. It proposes the existence of extra spatial dimensions that are hidden from our perception and can influence the behavior of particles on a quantum level.

2. How does the Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory attempt to unify the two theories?

The theory suggests that the extra dimensions, in addition to the usual four dimensions of space and time, are responsible for the apparent randomness and non-locality of quantum mechanics. It attempts to explain the behavior of particles in both the macroscopic world described by general relativity and the microscopic world described by quantum mechanics.

3. Is there any evidence to support the Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory?

Currently, there is no direct experimental evidence to support this theory. However, it is still a theoretical framework that is being studied and explored by scientists in the field of theoretical physics. Some proposed experiments may be able to provide evidence for the existence of extra dimensions and support the theory.

4. How does the Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory differ from other theories attempting to unify general relativity and quantum mechanics?

There are other theories, such as string theory and loop quantum gravity, that also attempt to unify these two theories. However, the Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory differs in its approach by incorporating extra dimensions rather than attempting to quantize space and time. It also offers a more deterministic explanation for the behavior of particles in the quantum world.

5. What are the potential implications of the Kalusza-Klein Hidden Variables Theory?

If the theory is proven to be accurate, it could have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and how it operates. It could potentially lead to the development of new technologies and a better understanding of fundamental physics. It could also resolve some of the current conflicts and limitations of our current theories.