How many of you ever access or study newsmap?

• News
  • Thread starter kat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, Newsmap is a visual application that displays the constantly changing landscape of Google News through the use of treemap visualizations. Its objective is to reveal patterns in news reporting across cultures and segments, rather than providing an unbiased view of the news.

In regards to NewsMap:

• I've never accessed it.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • I've accessed it, but only once or twice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've accessed it but only on occasion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I access it regularly or fairly often

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
kat
I'm just curious how many of you ever access or study newsmap?

Physics news on Phys.org
Never heard of it but it looks interesting. I'll try determine if it's biased right or left.

Link for those of you who are unfamiliar with it:Newsmap

What it is:
concept
Newsmap is an application that visually reflects the constantly changing landscape of the Google News news aggregator. A treemap visualization algorithm helps display the enormous amount of information gathered by the aggregator. Treemaps are traditionally space-constrained visualizations of information. Newsmap's objective takes that goal a step further and provides a tool to divide information into quickly recognizable bands which, when presented together, reveal underlying patterns in news reporting across cultures and within news segments in constant change around the globe.
Newsmap does not pretend to replace the googlenews aggregator. It's objective is to simply demonstrate visually the relationships between data and the unseen patterns in news media. It is not thought to display an unbiased view of the news, on the contrary it is thought to ironically accentuate the bias of it.

1. How often do you access or study newsmap?

As a scientist, I access and study newsmap multiple times a week.

2. What is the purpose of studying newsmap?

Studying newsmap allows me to keep up with current events and stay informed on global news. It also helps me to analyze and understand patterns and trends in media coverage.

3. How do you access newsmap?

I access newsmap through their website or through various news aggregator apps.

4. How does newsmap differ from traditional news sources?

Unlike traditional news sources, newsmap presents news stories in a visual, interactive format that allows for easier navigation and a broader view of news coverage. It also includes stories from a variety of sources, rather than just one news outlet.

5. What benefits do you see in using newsmap for news consumption?

Using newsmap allows for a more efficient and comprehensive way of consuming news. It also allows for a more objective and diverse view of news coverage.