What Causes Controversy in Political Beliefs?

• News
  • Thread starter Alias
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various groups of people who hold different opinions on Bush and his presidency. Some believe he is a thug and compare him to Hitler, while others think he gained the presidency illegally. There is also mention of anti-American sentiments and blaming Jewish conspiracies. The conversation ends with a disagreement over whether Bush won the presidency illegally or not.
Alias
Why is the intersection of the following domains so large?

People who have liberal political philosophies
People who are Anti-Bush
People who think Bush is Hitler-like
People who think Bush gained the presidency illegally
People who are Anti-American
People who blame Jewish conspiracies
People who have white skin and dreadlocks

Just wondering.

Physics news on Phys.org
People who have liberal political philosophies--aren't gullible when teh administration makes up lies

People who are Anti-Bush--he's a thug in the Nixon mold

People who think Bush is Hitler-like--not too far of a stretch from the Nixon thing...he certainly isn't a good guy

People who think Bush gained the presidency illegally--that's a fact of life that you should simply accept and get over

People who are Anti-American--you think everyone who doesn't agree with you is anti-American, it is YOUR problem, not ours

People who blame Jewish conspiracies--Israel plays rougher than most countries that America has on its hit-list

People who have white skin and dreadlocks--is this supposed to be a racist comment?

Originally posted by Zero
People who think Bush gained the presidency illegally--that's a fact of life that you should simply accept and get over

I realize that this should be an entirely different topic, but, please do explain to me how Bush illegally won the presidency, I'm really dying to know. I have not seen one shred of a decent argument that shows that Bush violated a law in winning the 2000 presidential elections, and frankly don't think there is one but that this is more of just a catch phrase for the bitter and dissapointed.

Climbhi, you didn't look very far. There are entire books which outline illegal activities by teh Bush camp. There have been dozens if not hundreds of legal papers written. Google, buddy, GOOGLE!

Okay, I've googled all over the place for a few hours now, and I've been able to find plenty of claims that Bush violated the law in winning the 2000 elections, but that's all they are, just claims, no facts. Very very few of the claims gave any sort of reference to their claim, and for those which did give a reference the reference was just to another ultraleft website which made more claims with no supporting fact. I have no problem agreeing that the 2000 elections were messed up. But I strongly think that they were equally messed up for both sides. Almost all of the claims made by the ultraleft websites of illegal activity could've been switched right around and used on an ultraright website to claim that Gore tried to win the 2000 elections illegally. It's just ridiculous. So I'll end here before we make this into a completely unrelated tangent. Sorry to veer this so far off topic...

Alias, your thread that suggests stereotyping a group of people because they are against Bush is no worse then me accusing all Texans of being greedy, ego-centric and a severe inability to think...This forum is not about picking on PEOPLE because of their beliefs, but about DISCUSSING opinions, ideas, and thoughts. Because this is not the first time I have witnessed YOUR inability to think before you post, it will be locked.

What causes controversy in political beliefs?

Controversy in political beliefs can stem from a variety of factors, including differences in values, ideologies, and opinions on specific issues. Some of the most frequently asked questions about the causes of political controversy are:

1. Why do people have such strong and differing political beliefs?

People's political beliefs are often shaped by their personal experiences, upbringing, and values. These factors can lead to varying opinions on important issues, causing strong and differing political beliefs.

2. How does the media play a role in political controversy?

The media can influence political beliefs by presenting biased information, sensationalizing certain issues, and promoting certain agendas. This can lead to controversy as people may have differing interpretations of the same information.

3. Are political controversies always based on factual information?

No, political controversies can often be fueled by misinformation or false claims. This can make it difficult for individuals to form informed opinions and can perpetuate divisive beliefs and arguments.

4. How do societal and cultural norms contribute to political controversy?

Societal and cultural norms can play a significant role in shaping political beliefs. These norms can influence individuals to conform to certain ideologies or challenge existing beliefs, leading to controversy when conflicting views clash.

5. Can political controversies ever be resolved?

While political controversies may never have a definitive resolution, they can be addressed through open communication, understanding, and compromise. It is important for individuals to listen to and respect differing viewpoints in order to find common ground and move towards resolution.