Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

A flight miss

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Yesterday , I missed the flight because I was late (Whew) .It was really really bad experience . I was so excited about home . I've got a wait for another week.

Have you ever missed a flight ?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I am so sorry to hear this Zaid! I know this must be a major disappointment!

I have never missed a flight, but I don't fly any more...the last time I flew was 20 years ago.

TheBigBadBen

May 12, 2013
I've had a flight home from Copenhagen cancelled, which was particularly stressful because as I learned that this was the case as I woke up at 8AM, the following flights were getting filled up by the displaced passengers. In the end, I made it home safe and sound, so no complaints I guess :).

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I missed a flight from New York City to Moscow because the flight to NYC was late. They gave me a free hotel room for the night and put me on the next flight, which was 24 hours later. It was annoying but overall not that bad. At least no money was lost. If you are at fault for missing your flight then you lose your money.

I also once was denied to leave Russia because of a typo on my visa that had my birthdate incorrect by one day. It was right before Christmas too and I couldn't leave with a proper visa until Christmas Day, so it was a bummer. My reaction to the news that I couldn't pass through passport control was very emotional and illogical. I basically tried to debate the issue with anyone who would listen, none of whom could change my situation. I learned then to always be prepared when traveling - check documents all over, arrive earlier than is required to allow for inevitable delays that you will always experience and have a plan for what to do if a flight is moved/cancelled.

Traveling is a very mentally and emotionally draining experience, especially when things go wrong. You are usually completely unable to do anything to fix the problem and will have to wait around to be told what to do. So, I'm very sorry to read that you missed your flight Zaid but don't let it bring you down too much. Use the week to focus on positive things and try to do something fun to keep your spirits high. You'll be home very soon. :)

Petrus

Feb 21, 2013
Yesterday , I missed the flight because I was late (Whew) .It was really really bad experience . I was so excited about home . I've got a wait for another week.

Have you ever missed a flight ?
Hello Zaid,
I have not yet studdy outside Sweden but hopefully I will!:) Hopefully next week will work fine but don't forget your second home(MHB)!:) You also got a lot good soccer game to watch while you are stuck:p

Take care,
\(\displaystyle |\pi\rangle\)

Opalg

MHB Oldtimer
Staff member
Feb 7, 2012
I once missed a flight from London to Rome. I arrived at Heathrow airport in time for the flight, but when I looked at my ticket I saw too late that the flight was from Gatwick airport, not Heathrow. I have rarely felt so stupid. The only way to get to Rome in time was to buy an expensive Club class ticket for the next flight from Heathrow to Rome.

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
Once I went from Amsterdam to London with 2 other people, one of whom had the tickets.
I was on time at the airport... but none of the other 2 were.
Turns out both of them had set their alarm 1 hour too late - the coincidence!

When we talked to the people at the check in, they asked why we were late.
One of us was quick with his mind, and said that the trains were not on time.
And indeed, there was a known disruption at the time.
It was accepted as a valid reason (by a friendly woman although her male colleague wouldn't have), and we were allowed to take a later flight on the same day, with no extra cost!
While waiting, we discovered that I had no passport with me, so even though I was on time, I still wouldn't have been able to take the flight.

All ended well, although I did feel pretty bad about how it all went and vowed to myself never to be so careless again. It's been the only time in my life that I missed flight or boat.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hello Zaid,
I have not yet studdy outside Sweden but hopefully I will!:)
I hope you the best luck , just keep going .

Hopefully next week will work fine but don't forget your second home(MHB)!:) You also got a lot good soccer game to watch while you are stuck:p

Take care,
\(\displaystyle |\pi\rangle\)
Seems I will be stuck with the forums for at least one week . Not very bad idea though :cool:.