Adding More Math Symbols as 'Smilies' to Your Forum - Easy with These GIFs!

• Thread starter damgo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of adding more math symbols as 'smilies' to the forum. The idea is welcomed and the person offers to create and share a collection of new smilies, including both lower and uppercase Greek letters. The person also mentions having a group of smilies that have not been used on the forum before and encourages their use.
damgo
How hard would it be to add more math symbols as 'smilies' to the forum? A couple times I've wanted to throw one in but found it was missing. If it'd help, I can TeK up a bunch of little GIFs for them in a matter of minutes. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Mainly the rest of the lower and uppercase greek letter... there is a page with nice public-domain x-by-19 GIF symbols at:
[Removed Broken Link]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a very good group of smilies that have never been shown before on the forums.
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]
[Removed Broken Link]

I hope you will like them (and feel free to use them if you want) :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can adding more math symbols as 'smilies' benefit my forum?

Adding more math symbols as 'smilies' can make discussions and explanations on your forum more visually engaging and easier to follow. It can also make your forum stand out and appeal to a wider audience of math enthusiasts.

2. Are there any specific math symbols that are commonly used as 'smilies'?

Yes, some common math symbols that are often used as 'smilies' include the equal sign (=), greater than/less than symbols (> <), and various geometric shapes such as circles and triangles.

3. Do I need to be proficient in coding to add math symbols as 'smilies' to my forum?

No, adding math symbols as 'smilies' can be easily done using GIFs, which can be inserted into your forum posts using the image insertion feature. This does not require any coding knowledge.

4. Can I customize the math symbols to fit the theme of my forum?

Yes, you can choose and customize the math symbols to match the theme of your forum. You can also resize and edit the GIFs, or even create your own custom math symbol 'smilies'.

5. Will adding more math symbols as 'smilies' slow down my forum's loading speed?

No, adding GIFs to your forum posts should not significantly affect the loading speed. However, it is important to use appropriately sized and optimized GIFs to ensure optimal performance.