Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

A feature here that I like...

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
This site has a feature that the other two math help sites I frequent do not. When you are reading a topic, you can see who else is also reading the topic, which prevents you from possibly typing up a response only to find you have been beaten to the punch.

:cool:

SuperSonic4

MHB Math Helper
Mar 1, 2012
I thought that was a common feature of VBulletin?

I try not to rely on it because you never know who's browsing, who is answering and who has left the tab open while they do something else. Plus of course some answers are longer than others. (Evilgrin)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
It is a standard feature in vBulletin but not one that every website enables. I hope that we can keep the feature in the future but it does add server stress. The best feature along this line is something MarkFL suggested which is when you start a post and someone else posts after you started then you'll get a warning message.

As always, if anyone has any features they'd like to see I'll do my best to add them :)

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I tend to go by who it is that I see also viewing the topic...if they are someone I have observed as having posted helpful responses, I tend to wait until later to look again.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I tend to go by who it is that I see also viewing the topic...if they are someone I have observed as having posted helpful responses, I tend to wait until later to look again.
Same here.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
It just encourages me to type faster (Nerd)

CB

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I gotta say...I like that! (Bigsmile)(Rofl)(Rock)(Evilgrin)