RE: Saddam Capture discussion -> closed

In summary, although the capture of Saddam Hussein is a positive development, it is unlikely to have any lasting impact on the course of the war.
Integral0

My humble apologies to those people involved in the "Saddam Capture" discussion.

I am also sorry for creating havoc with my posts and opinions.

"United we stand . . . "

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I do not agree with Adam's opinion, I respect his right to say it.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

-Voltaire

Both parties made some pretty strong arguments.

Damn, I missed the whole thing. I'm sure I could have pissed somebody off one way or the other. :frown:

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
Damn, I missed the whole thing. I'm sure I could have pissed somebody off one way or the other. :frown:

Njorl
There'll be plenty of other chances, I'm sure. :smile:

ZEROI don't think this matters, even if it is true. Would the U.S. cease to exist if you kill Bush? This is a blip on the radar, frankly. Nothing will change either way, except to possibly escalate the violence.
If Saddam has a fair trial of any kind, it will come out that Rummy and Bush Sr. & Co. & REAGAN supported him during most of his war crimes, giving him bombs, chemical weapons and so forth. Saddam believes he is truly innocent because Rummy gave him the O.K. to use chemical weapons at his own discretion. The invasion of Kuwait was pre-approved by Bush Sr. administration.

When I first learned that they'd captured Saddam, during "Saturday Night Live," I didn't believe it at all & thought they must be lying about it. But obviously it is him. Unfortunately I think that the insurgency is inherently democratic as most rebel movements are, uniting Iraqi Shiites and Sunis against the invaders.

Ironic that it was "Operation Red Dawn," the movie based upon Russian invasion of Afghanistan (set in America), where the Americans (interloping for the Taliban in Afghanistan!) fight a guerilla war against the Russian invaders. The movie was banned in parts of Africa and Europe as anti-communist propaganda.

Saddam's capture is ultimately of dubious relevance, as Iraqi nationalists will not capitulate to American designs on their natural resources.

1. What evidence led to Saddam Hussein's capture?

The main evidence that led to Saddam Hussein's capture was intelligence from multiple sources, including tips from informants and surveillance conducted by various agencies.

2. How did the capture of Saddam Hussein impact the war in Iraq?

The capture of Saddam Hussein was a significant milestone in the war in Iraq, as it dealt a major blow to the morale and leadership of the Iraqi insurgency. It also provided a sense of closure and justice for the Iraqi people and the international community.

3. What was the process of capturing Saddam Hussein like?

The process of capturing Saddam Hussein involved months of planning and coordination between different military and intelligence agencies. It also required a significant amount of resources and technology, including drones and satellites, to track and locate his whereabouts.

4. What were the reactions to Saddam Hussein's capture?

The reactions to Saddam Hussein's capture were mixed. Many Iraqis celebrated and saw it as a step towards stability and democracy in their country. However, some supporters of Saddam and critics of the war saw it as a violation of international law and an act of aggression.

5. Did the capture of Saddam Hussein end the war in Iraq?

No, the capture of Saddam Hussein did not end the war in Iraq. Although it was a significant event, the war continued for several more years and resulted in further conflict and instability in the region.