A cubic foot is equal 7.48 gallons. How many cubic feet wil

• Thread starter jim1174
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cubic
In summary: Just be more careful.ok i think i got itIn summary, to find the number of cubic feet a tank can hold based on its volume in gallons, you first need to know the conversion factor of 1 cubic foot to gallons, which is 7.48 gallons. Then, using the given volume in gallons, you can calculate the number of cubic feet by dividing the volume in gallons by the conversion factor of 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. In this case, the tank with a volume of 8000 gallons will hold approximately 1075.27 cubic feet. It is important to be careful with units and conversion factors to avoid making mistakes.
jim1174

Homework Statement

2. A cubic foot is equal 7.48 gallons. How many cubic feet will the tank describe in question #6 hold?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Tank has a volume of 8000 gallons.

1 feet3 = 7.44 gallons (given)

Therefore,

8000 gallon = 8000gallon x feet3/7.44gallon= 107527feet

Physics news on Phys.org
jim1174 said:

Homework Statement

2. A cubic foot is equal 7.48 gallons. How many cubic feet will the tank describe in question #6 hold?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Tank has a volume of 8000 gallons.

1 feet3 = 7.44 gallons (given)

Therefore,

8000 gallon = 8000gallon x feet3/7.44gallon= 107527feet
Your answer should be in units of cubic feet, not feet (usually written as cu. ft of ft3). When you write exponents, at the very least use ^ to indicate an exponent.

Your numerical answer is way off. Without getting bogged down too much with numbers, let's say for the purpose of a rough calculation that a gallon is equal to 8 cu. ft. Without using a calculator, how many cubic feet would this be? You should be able to do this in your head.

Mark44 said:
Your answer should be in units of cubic feet, not feet (usually written as cu. ft of ft3). When you write exponents, at the very least use ^ to indicate an exponent.

Your numerical answer is way off. Without getting bogged down too much with numbers, let's say for the purpose of a rough calculation that a gallon is equal to 8 cu. ft. Without using a calculator, how many cubic feet would this be? You should be able to do this in your head.
Actually, a gallon is ~1/8 cu. ft.

But, jim1174, do you really think that 8000/7.48 > 100000 ?

Chet

I must have written that without thinking very hard. Yes, a cubic foot is about 8 gallons, so 1 gal. ##\approx## 1/8 cu. ft.

ok i think i got it
gallon.jpg

jim1174 said:
ok i think i got it
gallon.jpg
It depends. In your first post you have 7.44 gal./cu. ft in one place and 7.48 gal./cu. ft. in another place. Which is it?

You need to be more careful. I've seen several mistakes like this in your work.

Related to A cubic foot is equal 7.48 gallons. How many cubic feet wil

1. How do you convert cubic feet to gallons?

To convert cubic feet to gallons, you can use the conversion factor of 7.48 gallons per cubic foot. Simply multiply the number of cubic feet by 7.48 to get the equivalent amount in gallons.

2. Why is a cubic foot equal to 7.48 gallons?

This is because a cubic foot is a unit of volume, while a gallon is a unit of liquid measure. The conversion factor of 7.48 is based on the conversion between the two units.

3. Can you give an example of the conversion from cubic feet to gallons?

Sure, for example, if you have 5 cubic feet of water, you can convert it to gallons by multiplying 5 by 7.48, which would give you 37.4 gallons.

4. Is the conversion from cubic feet to gallons accurate for all liquids?

No, the conversion factor of 7.48 gallons per cubic foot is specifically for water. For other liquids, the conversion may vary depending on the density of the liquid.

5. How can I use the conversion from cubic feet to gallons in real life?

This conversion can be useful in many situations, such as calculating the capacity of a water tank or measuring the amount of water needed for a swimming pool. It can also be used in industries that deal with liquid measurements, such as brewing or agriculture.