I am currently in my first year

In summary, A new member introduced themselves as Dimitri Terryn, an 18 year old studying physics and mathematics at the Free University of Brussels. They were curious about other members and their academic/professional backgrounds. Another member, a 20 year old studying management information systems at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, welcomed Dimitri. A third member, soon to be 53, shared their background in physics and mathematics and their current work at Hewlett Packard in a cleanroom. They are currently working on wetbench processes for the next generation of Inkjet print heads.
Kalimaa23
Greetings all.

Being a new member, I thought I would introduce myself.
The screenname I use is my real name. I'm 18 years old, soon to be 19. I am currently in my first year of physics/mathematics at the Free University of Brussels.

I was wondering who else browses these forums. It would be nice to get an idea who all you people are, and you are doing studywise/professionally.

In conclusion: Hi all ! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Dimitri Terryn! Welcome aboard! :smile:

I'm a 20 year old sophmore studying management information systems at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.

Welcome Dimitri,

I am (soon to be) 53, I have Undergrad degrees in Physics and Math (lots of numerical analysis). Currently I am working in a Cleanroom as a technician for Hewlett Packard. I am currently working on wetbench processes for the future generation of Inkjet print heads.

1. What is your field of study?

I am currently pursuing a degree in biology.

2. How are you finding your first year in college?

My first year in college has been both challenging and exciting. I am learning a lot and adjusting to the new environment.

3. What inspired you to pursue a career in science?

I have always been curious about the natural world and have a passion for understanding how things work. Science allows me to explore and discover new things every day.

4. What are your future career goals?

I hope to continue my education and eventually work in a research laboratory, conducting experiments and contributing to scientific advancements.

5. How do you balance your coursework and other activities in college?

It can be challenging, but I prioritize my time and make sure to stay organized. I also make time for self-care and relaxation to avoid burnout.