Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

A Call for Flyers to Advertise MHB (originally proposed by Sherlock)

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all,

I was talking with Jameson about ways to spread the word about our site, and Ackbach has posted a global announcement about it as well.

Since we're still a growing community, I think it would be a good idea to make a flyer for advertising purposes. Jameson told me he made one, and I'm in the process of making one.

If you would like to make one, feel free to share it here with us. I'm thinking that we should pick the best one once we have enough of them. In the mean time, post your flyers on your bulletin boards at school and whatnot!!! (Bigsmile)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: A Call for Flyers to Advertise MHB

Ok this is my first attempt, only focusing on the general language style and information on the flyer. It's not the best looking now but that can be tweaked later. I just want to know if the general outline is good.

View attachment math help board flyer2.pdf

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012

Seems good to me. I like that the message is given in the first line.

Is it possible to add my favorite subject, logic, after number theory?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Sure, will wait for more comments then try to apply them all together.

Sherlock

Jan 28, 2012

I suggested the idea here and it was ignored. :p

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

I remember this but didn't respond for some reason. I apologize. Normally try give feedback on all ideas so it wasn't intentional. No one else has submitted any flyers or posters so I think we should just edit the one I made and get it ready asap for people to print and hang. If other people post a different one then I'm more than happy to take a look.

EDIT: If you look at the threads in the Questions and Feedback forum you'll see that I gave you credit for proposing this first. Thanks again!

springfan25

Mar 3, 2012

i think its really good.

Amer

Mar 1, 2012

the forum symbol should be in the flyer, i think it will be good with a color

janvdl

Jan 30, 2012

I think we also need a new forum logo.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

I put the current one up to have something. Chris says he is working on one and you have done some graphics in the past so I am waiting on somebody to do something. I can't do this one myself.

In this thread we had some good ideas that should be combined somehow into a new logo.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Flyers update. Here are two versions that I have uploaded to Google Documents so download as many times as you like!

1) MHB Flyer with QR code
2) MHB Flyer with strips to tear off

I like both versions and will be hanging them up soon and posting pictures to prove it. I added "Logic" to the list of subjects per request of Evgeney.Makarov. Didn't add the forum logo because we will most likely change it soon and it would use more ink.

Jameson

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012

Flyers update. Here are two versions that I have uploaded to Google Documents so download as many times as you like!

1) MHB Flyer with QR code
2) MHB Flyer with strips to tear off

I like both versions and will be hanging them up soon and posting pictures to prove it. I added "Logic" to the list of subjects per request of Evgeney.Makarov. Didn't add the forum logo because we will most likely change it soon and it would use more ink.

Jameson
What about Abstract Algebra? We do have a forum for it, after all...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

What about Abstract Algebra? We do have a forum for it, after all...
I suppose I could add it but I think people will get the point even if we don't list every subject name. The bigger problem is that I don't think a single flyer is hanging on this globe :( . I intend to change that this week and I'll be taking pictures as proof. Non-internet exposure is going to help us a bunch, so Chris L T521 and I are looking into different ways to possibly advertise in real print. Anyway, I'm going to keep the flyers the way they are for now but if it keeps on bugging you in a while then I will make the addition.

Swlabr

Feb 21, 2012

I suppose I could add it but I think people will get the point even if we don't list every subject name. The bigger problem is that I don't think a single flyer is hanging on this globe :( . I intend to change that this week and I'll be taking pictures as proof. Non-internet exposure is going to help us a bunch, so Chris L T521 and I are looking into different ways to possibly advertise in real print. Anyway, I'm going to keep the flyers the way they are for now but if it keeps on bugging you in a while then I will make the addition.
Well, it is quite a big area...

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Well, it is quite a big area...
Ok, I will add it when I can. I had someone else help me make them because I am bad at anything artistic in the slightest. In general though I don't want to keep adding subjects to the flyer. There should be enough to demonstrate a variety of topics and levels, and I think we have enough items to do that. Adding one more won't be an issue but if we keep adding then the flyer could look cluttered and the font size would have to shrink eventually. Let's all decide on a final list of subjects that we feel encompasses the message that we encourage all levels to join MHB and post.

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
if i ever get time ill try to make a flyer for you guys if youd like

i think a good way to make a flyer is if a few people send in little sketches or ideas. how you guys want the logo to look, stuff like that. the nicer the flyer looks the more people will be drawn to it.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
No problem, Mark. But I don't know if i can do it all on my own. I need other peoples help for ideas also. And as much as i love getting likes and thanks that doesn't really help make a flyer :eek: So if anyone is reading this please "donate" your ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
no prob Mark. but idk if i can do it all on my own. i need other peoples help for ideas also. and as much as i love getting likes and thanks that doesnt really help make a flyer :eek: lol so if anyone is reading this please "donate" your ideas.
I am glad you have rekindled the topic of MHB flyers. A well-designed and good looking flyer that would catch the eye of students would be a very nice asset for us to have.

So yes, if anyone has any ideas or input regarding a flyer, please feel free to post your suggestions. (Yes)

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
whats better than helping a great helpful website that helps students do better in class expand....when my programming teacher is putting me to sleep... (Giggle)

why mhb?

Rido12

MHB Math Helper
Jul 18, 2013

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
also does the guy that made this still come on? (sbhatnager)

i like it but in different colors. i find that the colors yellow/red/orage like sunset colors fit this site more

asdf.jpg

thats actually a good one Rido. i might put that in.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Are you asking why I used those initials or are you pondering the question of why students should choose MHB (Math Help Boards) over other math help sites?

ineedhelpnow

Jul 3, 2014
I'm asking why should students or tutors use MHB. I wanna make two flyers. One thats formatted like the site (like a notebook or journal) and then another one that has a nice looking logo and its own design.

- - - Updated - - -

Or actually i think one flyer and one brochure.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
also does the guy that made this still come on? (sbhatnagar)...
It has been more than a year since he has been online here. But feel free to build on any ideas posted so far, or to begin from the ground up. :D

im asking why should students or tutors use MHB. i wanna make two flyers. one thats formatted like the site (like a notebook or journal) and then another one that has a nice looking logo and its own design.

- - - Updated - - -

or actually i think one flyer and one broucher
Well, what do you think are MHB's best qualities compared to similar sites? What makes us stand out from the rest?