Afraid of Tommorrow? Embrace Today!

• Thread starter young e.
  • Start date
In summary: I think the fear is that people will forget what happened today and focus on the bad things that could happen tomorrow.
young e.
Afraid of tommorrow!

" I am afraid that tommorrow will blame us who are here today as we blame those who are here yesterday for bringing what is today"

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like a whole mixup between blame, selfishness and a lack of guidance. While I think people would be less inclined to blame, if they could find a way to participate in life and express themselves "creatively."

Originally posted by young e.
" I am afraid that tommorrow will blame us who are here today as we blame those who are here yesterday for bringing what is today"
I know what Iachus means, but I agree with you. I feel very sorry for kids/young adults today, and I really mean that. The world used to be a better place to grow up and live in.

It could change, but I don't think it's likely for as long as the state/industry alliance controls the education system. God knows what it'll be like in even 100 years and I'm sure you're right, we'll get a lot of the blame.

Trouble is there doesn't seem to anything that can be done about it except moan on Internet forums. Public opinion, already pretty much under complete media control, seems unlikely to change. Each generation grows up thinking the world was always this bad. Democracy is a sham where people are indoctrinated from birth into thinking that our only democratic choice is to elect one of two parties who have exactly the same policies and are run by exactly the same type of people.

We seem to me living in some strange mixture of George Orwell's '1984' and Terry Gilliams 'Brazil'.

MAY I SUBMIT?

there is no blame either for our forefathers or us!

the world is exactly where it should be based on all the probabilities that exist, we chose to share this thread of time space. whatever thread our childern experience will be in keeping with their choices(decisions).

i too recommend that we exercise our creativity to make the next moment we experience better(in keeping with our goal) than the last moment.

Originally posted by young e.

Donald Rumsfeld anyone?

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "Afraid of Tomorrow? Embrace Today!"?

The phrase is a reminder to live in the present moment and not worry about the uncertainty of the future. It encourages people to focus on the here and now and make the most out of every day.

2. How can embracing today help with fear of the future?

By focusing on the present, we can better appreciate the things we have and the experiences we are currently going through. This can help reduce anxiety about the unknown future and allow us to live more fulfilling lives.

3. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of living in the present moment?

Yes, there is a growing body of research showing the benefits of mindfulness and living in the present moment. Studies have found that it can reduce stress, improve mental well-being, and even physical health.

4. Can anyone learn to live in the present moment?

Yes, living in the present moment is a skill that can be learned and practiced. It may take time and effort, but with mindfulness techniques and self-awareness, anyone can learn to let go of worries about the future and focus on the present.

5. What are some practical ways to embrace today and let go of fear of tomorrow?

Some practical ways to embrace today include practicing mindfulness techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, and focusing on your senses. It can also be helpful to set achievable goals for the day and make time for activities that bring joy and fulfillment.