Explore the Local Space in 3D: Download Celestia for Free!

• Thread starter Mr. Robin Parsons
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Local Space
In summary, the conversation was about the individual being an expert summarizer of content and not responding to questions. They only provide a summary of the content and do not output anything else before the summary.
Mr. Robin Parsons
Want to see the 'local' space (milkyway galaxy) in a 3D (controlable) video graphic, try clicking http://www.shatters.net/celestia/" to go to the download site.

Enjoy, have fun, it's free, it's neat (my opinion) and it is very well done graphics for a free download.

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
thats pretty cool for a free program
good grafix

Yes, I really liked it too, but I only had a little time with it, as it was on a friend’s computer, one who had a fairly decent graphics card. Tried it on one that didn't, yuck!

1. What is Celestia?

Celestia is a free, open-source 3D space simulation software that allows users to explore our local space and beyond. It uses real astronomical data to create a realistic representation of our solar system, galaxy, and universe.

2. How do I download Celestia?

You can download Celestia for free from its official website. Simply go to the download page and select the appropriate version for your operating system.

3. What can I do with Celestia?

Celestia allows you to explore and navigate our local space in 3D. You can visit different planets, moons, and other celestial bodies, view them from different angles, and even travel through time to see how they looked in the past or will look in the future.

4. Can I customize my experience in Celestia?

Yes, Celestia offers a variety of customization options. You can add new objects, change the appearance of existing objects, and even create your own tours to guide your exploration.

5. Is Celestia accurate?

Celestia uses real astronomical data to create its simulations, so it provides a highly accurate representation of our local space. However, keep in mind that it is a simulation and not a perfect representation of reality.