Help a High School Senior with Physics and Mathematics

In summary, A high school senior is seeking help in finding reading material for Physics and Mathematics. They have had trouble due to a lack of access to technology, and are hoping to find someone experienced in these subjects to guide them. One recommendation is Richard Feynman's book QED, which is highly regarded in the field of Physics. The student is unsure of their specific interests but is interested in exploring these topics further through books. They are also looking for affordable options, such as downloading or borrowing from a library.
kgflowers
I am new here. I was hoping to get someone to help me. I am a senior in High School. I am hoping to get into Physics and Mathematics. I hace tried to find some good reading material for these subjects. I haven't had much luck due to the fact that I am in the middle of a technology black hole. If there is anyone out there that can help me I would love it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by kgflowers
I am new here. I was hoping to get someone to help me. I am a senior in High School. I am hoping to get into Physics and Mathematics. I hace tried to find some good reading material for these subjects. I haven't had much luck due to the fact that I am in the middle of a technology black hole. If there is anyone out there that can help me I would love it.

Well 'Physics and Mathematics' is rather a broad topic! Perhaps you could narrow it down a little?

In the meantime, ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED. It is required reading for pretty much any higher Physics course. A truly great book.

I am reading feynmans lectures on physics. It was a 2 year class he taught at caltech. I was hoping to find someone who is extremely good in one of these areas that would kinda take me under there wing. Cause where I come physics is what makes the bullet hit the duck. "ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED." what is that. I don't really know exactly what I want to get into cause I really don't know all to much about the subject.

I am reading feynmans lectures on physics. It was a 2 year class he taught at caltech. I was hoping to find someone who is extremely good in one of these areas that would kinda take me under there wing. Cause where I come physics is what makes the bullet hit the duck. "ANYONE interested in higher level Physics should read Richard Feynman's QED." what is that. I don't really know exactly what I want to get into cause I really don't know all to much about the subject.

Then read QED, if you are into Physics, it will really get you going and inspire you. If it leaves you cold, you are a mathematician
:smile:

Originally posted by Adrian Baker
Then read QED, if you are into Physics, it will really get you going and inspire you. If it leaves you cold, you are a mathematician
:smile:

Where do I go to get something like that. Is it something that I can download. Cause I can't really afford to buy these books. If I do have to buy this book where would I be able to get it. Thank you for your help.

Where do I go to get something like that. Is it something that I can download. Cause I can't really afford to buy these books. If I do have to buy this book where would I be able to get it. Thank you for your help.

Amazon - Used from $8.30

Libraries - Have you heard of them?

1. What specific topics do high school seniors struggle with in physics and mathematics?

Some of the most commonly difficult topics for high school seniors in physics and mathematics include calculus, vectors, trigonometry, and mechanics.

2. How can I effectively help a high school senior with physics and mathematics?

Effective ways to assist a high school senior with physics and mathematics include breaking down complex concepts into smaller, more manageable parts, providing practice problems, and offering visual aids or real-world examples.

3. Are there any online resources or tools that can aid in helping a high school senior with physics and mathematics?

Yes, there are many online resources and tools available for helping high school seniors with physics and mathematics. Some examples include Khan Academy, Wolfram Alpha, and Physics Classroom.

4. How can I make learning physics and mathematics more engaging and enjoyable for a high school senior?

One way to make these subjects more enjoyable for a high school senior is to incorporate hands-on activities and experiments that demonstrate the concepts being taught. Additionally, using real-world examples and connecting the material to their interests can also make the learning experience more engaging.

5. What are some common mistakes that high school seniors make in physics and mathematics?

Some common mistakes include not understanding the fundamental concepts before attempting more complex problems, not showing all steps and work in solving a problem, and making calculation errors. It is important to reinforce the basics and encourage thorough problem-solving techniques to avoid these mistakes.