An Encounter with Aliens from Jupiter

In summary: What have I done? I must go into hiding before they find me! :surprised(throws on a hooded cloak and disappears into the night)
timejim
I had a rather lengthy discussion with two beings which turned out to have been from the Planet Jupiter. At first I did not know they were Aliens. They appeared to be children, maybe in the 7 to 8 year old range as far as their height and initial appearance. The only difference was their ears, they had Elf like ears. The "Craft" they came in is not describable but it wasn't very large, thye best I can remember, maybe 7 feet tall, 3 rounded sections, the largest was in the middle. It was sort of a dark pewter color. Initially, when first talking to them (they spoke in English with no accent), they stated they had to go. Upon realizing they came from this "ship" I plead with them to stay longer as I had a lot of questions. We continued talking and I then was told they were from Jupiter. Knowing Jupiter was quite far from the Sun I asked if they lived upon the surface or underground. They said "underground". They said they made their own Oxygen for their environment. Very polite and nice individuals. I asked if I could go back with them for a brief visit to their Planet. The next thing I knew "we" were on Jupiter. We were underground but it seemed that it was daylight and a sky was clearly visible. The temperature was very pleasant. People (they look like us but smaller and with Elf appearing ears) were everywhere, going about their daily business. They also used a form of money, I remember a coin, pewter color, about the size of a 50 cent piece but with strange writing. I felt quite comfortable and at ease being there. The next thing I remember is waking up, back home, wondering if this had been just a dream. Seemed real to me.

Physics news on Phys.org
WOW i want some of whatever you've been taking!

I hear yah buddy, I used to hang out with this kid from Mars he's got pointy ears, too bad he doesn't speak English. He seems like a really cool guy..

This is patently ridiculous. Life on Jupiter is not possible. It is also illogical to believe that, in the unlikely event life did evolve there, it would breath oxygen. Rationally, one would expect them to evolve to breath the ambient atmosphere. I find it much more likely that you were duped. Elves are prone to pull such tricks, particularly on those as gullible as you. Their craft was obviously some sort of burrowing device that took them to their subterrainian home right here on Earth.

Njorl

A fun read, timejim. But bear with us...SF readers love to nitpick...

Originally posted by timejim
they spoke in English with no accent

Neat trick...since accents are relative.

They said "underground".

Another neat trick...considering that any kind of rocky material on Jupiter is buried beneath 10s of thousands of miles of gas and liquid hydrogen at pressures on the order of a few million Earth atmospheres.

They said they made their own Oxygen for their environment.

I guess they're alien to Jupiter too.

Originally posted by Njorl
Life on Jupiter is not possible.

Improbable perhaps, but not impossible.
A debate for another topic...

I think that was in "Cosmos" of Carl Sagan were he proposes that some kind of jellyfishes could float in the jupiterean atmosphere, but there's no mention in his book to any elf-eared creature

Originally posted by meteor
I think that was in "Cosmos" of Carl Sagan were he proposes that some kind of jellyfishes could float in the jupiterean atmosphere, but there's no mention in his book to any elf-eared creature
Well, obviously he wasn't in the same location on Jupiter as timejim. Or maybe he wasn't really EVER there - maybe he just made up the jellyfish thing.

hehe I think that timejim was deceived after seeing The return of the king, and then had this nightmare. That's all

(whispering) You were told to speak of this to no one!
(shakes head and brushes hair from pointy part of ear)

I'm afraid this mistake of yours will cost you your life, timejim.

How would a species which breaths oxygen but must manufacture their own live long enough to evlove to the point which they could learn to make their own?

Yup me too

I used to smoke crack with the same aliens, if I were you I'd cut down on the rock a bit. :smile:

Best. Opening post. Ever. :biggrin:

J77 said:
Best. Opening post. Ever. :biggrin:

Best. Recovery-of-a-dead-thread-as-if-it-were-still-a-topic-of-discussion. Ever.

Haven't seen Timejim for two and a half years.

Chi Meson said:
It's a long way to Jupiter, innit :biggrin:

photon said:
(whispering) You were told to speak of this to no one!
(shakes head and brushes hair from pointy part of ear)

I'm afraid this mistake of yours will cost you your life, timejim.

Chi Meson said:

Coincidence? :uhh:

Artman said:
Coincidence? :uhh:

OH NO!

1. What evidence do we have of an encounter with aliens from Jupiter?

There is currently no evidence of an encounter with aliens from Jupiter. While there have been sightings and claims of encounters with extraterrestrial beings, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims.

2. How likely is it that aliens from Jupiter would visit Earth?

The likelihood of aliens from Jupiter visiting Earth is extremely low. The distance between Jupiter and Earth is over 365 million miles, making it highly improbable for any life forms to travel such a vast distance. Additionally, the conditions on Jupiter are not suitable for sustaining life as we know it.

3. What would aliens from Jupiter look like?

As there is no evidence of aliens from Jupiter, it is impossible to accurately speculate on their appearance. However, based on our understanding of evolutionary biology, it is possible that they may have evolved in a way that is adapted to the extreme conditions on Jupiter.

4. How would an encounter with aliens from Jupiter impact our understanding of the universe?

An encounter with aliens from Jupiter would have a significant impact on our understanding of the universe. It would open up new possibilities and challenge our current beliefs about the existence of life on other planets. It would also provide valuable insights into the potential for life to exist in extreme environments.

5. What precautions would need to be taken in case of an encounter with aliens from Jupiter?

While the likelihood of an encounter with aliens from Jupiter is extremely low, it is important to have protocols in place for any potential extraterrestrial contact. Precautions would include establishing communication protocols, assessing potential risks, and ensuring the safety and security of both humans and the potential alien life forms.