3d hologram in vacuum help ?

In summary, the conversation is about creating a 3d hologram in vacuum using laser or light technology. The speaker is a software engineer seeking help and asking questions about the project. They want to know if it is possible to view a hologram in vacuum and if there are any other methods to achieve this. They also ask for advice on whether it is possible to complete the project within a two-month timeframe. One suggestion is to use 3d micro mirror array imaging.
khiat
3d hologram in vacuum ... help please ?

hi everyone

I am a software engineer and i want to make a project based on laser or light and don't know a lot in laser (almost nothing), so i will discuss the project i want to do and i will ask some questions about it please?

I want to make 3d hologram in air by generating the 3d object in computer and it is very easy then convert it to signals and transfer it to a 3d device that show my object on air.

Some one told me to view laser or light it needs medium to view it ( he means i can't view it in vacuum) but another one told me that i can view the laser in vacuum by intersecting 2 laser beams so that the intensity increases at the intersected point then it will be visible to the eye.

i want to ask some questions

1- Is the intersected point of 2 laser beams visible to our eyes?
2- If 1 is true . is there anyone did it before and is there any restrictions to do it (assume i don't know anything about physics laser when answer this question).
3- Is there any other way to view 3d holograms in vacuum ?
4- Is it possible for me (as a software engineer) to do it in 2 months in case it is a possible project idea.

I really need your help because i want to decide quickly to make this project or not because i have deadlines.

Thanks in advance
bye

Physics news on Phys.org

khiat said:
1- Is the intersected point of 2 laser beams visible to our eyes?
No. Two light beams will simply pass through each other.
2- If 1 is true . is there anyone did it before and is there any restrictions to do it (assume i don't know anything about physics laser when answer this question).
3- Is there any other way to view 3d holograms in vacuum ?
To view a hologram you need to pass light through a film that contains a diffraction pattern. The viewer has to view the light that passes through the film.

AM

Try doing a web search for 3d micro mirror array imaging. I think this is as close as you can get to a virtual 3d image directly to a viewer's eyes.

Related to 3d hologram in vacuum help ?

What is a 3D hologram in vacuum?

A 3D hologram in vacuum is a three-dimensional image that is created using lasers and light interference patterns in a vacuum environment. This allows for a more realistic and detailed hologram compared to those created in air.

How is a 3D hologram in vacuum created?

A 3D hologram in vacuum is created using a complex process that involves directing laser beams into a vacuum chamber and using mirrors and lenses to shape and manipulate the light. This creates interference patterns that form the holographic image.

What are the benefits of using a vacuum for 3D holograms?

Using a vacuum for 3D holograms allows for a more stable and precise environment for creating the holographic image. It also eliminates any interference from air particles, resulting in a clearer and more detailed hologram.

What are some applications of 3D holograms in vacuum?

3D holograms in vacuum have a wide range of applications, including in medical imaging, entertainment, and virtual reality. They can also be used for security purposes, such as creating unique and difficult to counterfeit identification cards.

Is it possible to view 3D holograms in vacuum without special equipment?

No, specialized equipment is required to view 3D holograms in vacuum. This typically includes lasers, mirrors, and lenses, as well as a vacuum chamber. However, advancements in technology may eventually allow for 3D holograms in vacuum to be viewed without specialized equipment.