Can We Connect with Friends Across the Globe?

• Thread starter anti-christ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of creating a forum with a specific topic to attract more traffic and potentially become a "global neighborhood watch." The suggestion is to have a unique feature or skin for the forum. One person mentions their country not being represented and another suggests posting on the site for improvement ideas. The conversation also touches on the idea of meeting friends online and the possibility of meeting in person. The conversation ends with a joke about a Polish forum and the importance of having a distinct topic for a successful forum.
anti-christ
maybe if WE build it they will come?

http://o.gulftech.org/forum/YaBB.pl [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, and put them all in their own quarters and don't let them exchange ideas.. who thinks of that?

I don't see my country there ... :'(

what is your country?

and if u have suggestions for how to improve the site feel free to post them on the site

I've met a lot of really good friends online, and met a few in real life already.

Good one coming up with a board. My suggestion is if you're going to start a forum, you got to have a specific topic that you want to talk about whether it's Tech forum, philosophy, pets, politics or whatever. There's millions of useless forums crowding the Internet with very little to no traffic. It's important to come up with an original idea, or feature on your site that will draw people in and make them stay.

You may also want to implement a different skin for your board that will complement your subject.

Last edited:
the idea of this board is that if we could eventually get enough traffic it could potentially become a 'global neighborhood watch' type thing

There's no Poland. Anyway, it's not a good idea to create something like that. If I want to talk with people from my own country I would just find another forum. :grumpy: [www.matematyka.org/forum/index.php - if anyone of you know polish then... I'm joking, but you can create your own thread in english there, it would be nice :biggrin: ]

1. What is the purpose of "Friends Around The World?"

"Friends Around The World" is a scientific project that aims to connect people from different parts of the world and learn about their cultures, traditions, and lifestyles. It also seeks to promote global understanding and tolerance among individuals.

2. How does "Friends Around The World" work?

The project works by pairing individuals or groups from different countries together. They can communicate through online platforms, exchange letters or packages, or even visit each other's countries. The interactions between the participants are guided by a set of activities and discussions provided by the project organizers.

3. Who can participate in "Friends Around The World"?

Anyone can participate in "Friends Around The World" regardless of their age, race, gender, or nationality. The project is open to individuals, families, schools, and organizations who are interested in learning about different cultures and making new friends from around the world.

4. What are the benefits of participating in "Friends Around The World"?

Participating in "Friends Around The World" can broaden one's perspective on different cultures, promote cultural appreciation and understanding, and develop friendships with people from diverse backgrounds. It also allows individuals to learn new languages, customs, and traditions.

5. Is "Friends Around The World" a safe project?

Yes, "Friends Around The World" is a safe project. All participants are required to adhere to the project's guidelines, which include respecting cultural differences, maintaining appropriate behavior, and safeguarding personal information. The project organizers also monitor the interactions between participants to ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone involved.