Wireless Home Theater: A DirecTV Solution

In summary, the speaker is looking for a way to connect satellite television to their receiver in a way that won't be visually unappealing. They are wondering if there is a wireless solution available, but the expert summarizer notes that there are currently only demonstration models and it may take a few more years for a viable wireless solution to be available.
aychamo
Hey guys,

Is there anyway at all to like bridge satelite television? I ask because I am going to have to switch to DirecTV because I got a HDTV and my local cable provider... sucks! So I'm going to have to route the cable for the satelite to my receiver... But no matter how I look at it, I can't find a way to do it that won't be somewhat ugly (I hate exposed wires!). I can't stand the thought of having to run it under my carpet or on the ceiling, but that is the only way.

Is there any type of wireless solution for this?

Thank you kindly!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I've only seen demonstration models. Nothing that you can buy yet. I would give a few more years.

Hi there,

Thank you for considering DirecTV as a solution for your home theater needs. We understand your concern about exposed wires and we are happy to inform you that DirecTV offers a wireless solution for your home theater setup. With our Wireless Genie Mini, you can connect your HDTV to your DirecTV receiver without the need for any wires. This allows for a clean and seamless installation without the hassle of running wires under your carpet or on your ceiling.

Additionally, our Wireless Genie Mini also allows for whole-home DVR functionality, so you can enjoy your recorded shows on any TV in your home without the need for additional receivers or wires. This means you can have a clutter-free home theater setup with DirecTV.

We hope this information helps and we look forward to providing you with a wireless home theater solution with DirecTV. Thank you for choosing us as your entertainment provider.

1. What is a wireless home theater system?

A wireless home theater system is a setup that allows you to connect your TV, speakers, and other devices without the need for physical wires. This is typically achieved through the use of wireless technology such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

2. How does DirecTV work with a wireless home theater system?

DirecTV offers a wireless Genie mini client that can be connected to your wireless home theater system. This allows you to access all of your DirecTV channels and content without the need for additional wires or cables.

3. What are the benefits of using a wireless home theater system with DirecTV?

Using a wireless home theater system with DirecTV offers several benefits, including a cleaner and more organized setup without the need for wires, increased flexibility in terms of placement of devices, and the ability to easily add or remove components without having to deal with cables.

4. Do I need a specific type of TV for a wireless home theater system with DirecTV?

No, you do not need a specific type of TV for a wireless home theater system with DirecTV. As long as your TV has an HDMI port, you should be able to connect the DirecTV Genie mini client and access your channels and content wirelessly.

5. Can I control my wireless home theater system with my DirecTV remote?

Yes, you can control your wireless home theater system with your DirecTV remote. The DirecTV Genie mini client comes with a remote that can be programmed to control your TV, sound system, and other devices. This allows you to have one remote for all your devices, making it more convenient and user-friendly.