Projectile Mass Calculation: 275m/s vs 145g at 325m/s

• Thread starter ineedhelp
  • Start date
To find the momentum of the 275 m/s object, we also use the same formula. Since the two momentums are equal, we can set them equal to each other and solve for the mass of the 275 m/s object. In summary, to find the mass of a projectile when fired at 275m/s if it is to have the same momentum as a 145g projectile fired at 325m/s, we use the formula p = mv and set the two momentums equal to each other to solve for the mass of the 275 m/s object.
ineedhelp
find the mass of a projectile when fired at 275m/s if it is to have the same momentum as a 145g projectile fired at 325m/s

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the definition of momentum?

i don't know it doesn't say any where

You must not have looked very many places.

Momentum is defined as

p = mv

where p is momentum, m is mass, and v is velocity.

cookiemonster

if anyone can help I've been working on this for an hour

How can we find the momentum of the 145g object? How could we find the momentum of the 275 m/s object? These two momentums are equal, so what do we do with things that are equal?

cookiemonster

1. How can I find someone to help me with my homework problem?

There are a few different options for finding help with your homework problem. You could ask a friend, classmate, or family member for assistance. You could also seek out a tutor or academic support center at your school. Additionally, there are online resources and forums where you can ask for help from others in your subject area.

2. What information should I provide when asking for help with a homework problem?

When seeking help with a homework problem, it's important to provide as much information as possible. This includes the specific question or problem you are working on, any relevant equations or formulas, and any steps you have already taken to try and solve the problem. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for someone to assist you.

3. How can I make sure I understand the solution to my homework problem?

One way to ensure that you understand the solution to your homework problem is to ask follow-up questions. If someone helps you with the problem, ask them to explain their thought process and the steps they took to arrive at the solution. This will help you to better understand the concept and be able to apply it in the future.

4. What can I do if I still don't understand my homework problem after seeking help?

If you are still struggling to understand your homework problem even after seeking help, don't be afraid to reach out to your teacher or professor for additional assistance. They are there to help you and may be able to provide you with extra resources or clarification on the problem.

5. How can I avoid needing help with my homework problems in the future?

To avoid needing help with your homework problems in the future, it's important to stay organized and keep up with your assignments. Make sure to take thorough notes in class and review them regularly. Additionally, practice problems and seek help as soon as you start to struggle, rather than waiting until the last minute. This will help you to better understand the material and be more confident in solving future homework problems.