Find Chapter Summaries for Fifth Business

• Thread starter Trogdor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Business
In summary, the person is looking for chapter summaries for the book Fifth Business. They have checked websites such as SparkNotes and BookNotes, but have been unable to find any. The other person in the conversation mentions making up the contents of the book for a book report and the original person responds by mentioning that most people in their class have read it except for them.
Trogdor
I need to find chapter sumaries for the book fifth business. sparknotes, booknotes, and the other places I've looked don't have any.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why?

cookiemonster

cookiemonster said:
Why?

cookiemonster
Don't you know the feeling on a Sunday night when you have a book report due on Monday and you don't even have the book anywhere near you? :wink:

Yeah, but it never bothered me too much. I usually just made up the contents of the book on the spot. After all, the teacher's never read it (hopefully).

cookiemonster

yah, the teach has read it, most ppl in my class has read it cept me. ah well

What is the book "Fifth Business" about?

The book "Fifth Business" is a novel written by Canadian author Robertson Davies. It follows the life of Dunstan Ramsay, a man who reflects on his past and the role he played in the life of his childhood friend, who later became a famous magician. It explores themes of guilt, fate, and the concept of the "fifth business" or the person who plays a supporting role in someone else's life.

Who is the main character in "Fifth Business"?

The main character in "Fifth Business" is Dunstan Ramsay, a retired schoolteacher who is reflecting on his life and the impact he had on those around him. He is the narrator of the story and provides insight into his relationships with other characters, particularly his childhood friend and rival, Percy Boyd Staunton.

What are some major themes in "Fifth Business"?

Some major themes in "Fifth Business" include guilt and its effects on one's life, the concept of fate and how it shapes our paths, and the idea of the "fifth business" or the role of supporting characters in someone else's life. The novel also explores the complexities of human relationships and the consequences of our actions.

Who wrote the book "Fifth Business"?

The book "Fifth Business" was written by Canadian novelist, playwright, and critic Robertson Davies. He is known for his works that blend elements of magic, mythology, and psychology. "Fifth Business" is the first installment in his acclaimed Deptford Trilogy.

Where can I find chapter summaries for "Fifth Business"?

Chapter summaries for "Fifth Business" can be found in various sources, including online study guides, book review websites, and academic databases. These summaries can provide a helpful overview of the plot and major events in each chapter. It is important to note that these summaries may contain spoilers, so it is best to read them after completing each chapter or the entire book.