Is this Chupacabra photo actually a Djinn in disguise?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photo
In summary, the conversation is discussing a photo of a supposed Chupacabra, which is believed to be faked using a picture of a Djinn. The conversation also touches on the authenticity of the photo and mentions a sculpture found in a cave called "Crystal Quest". The conversation ends with a humorous remark about Djinns and Chupacabras.
Physics news on Phys.org
Obviously they used a picture of a real Djinn to fake a Chupacabra photo.

I love it when these, oldies but goodie, HOAXes with the very same pictures reappear as different HOAXes. Some folks are gullible beyond comprehension...

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking

Yeah, definitely not the same chupacabra I have locked in my basement

Just a quick check on the proper explanation for the "Djinn"

Dear ****** Ivan

Yes, this sculpture can be found in one of our smaller caves called the “Crystal Quest”, which is joint onto Cox’s Cave. Crystal Quest is an underground fantasy adventure and consists of heroes, princesses and mythical dragons. It is a tale of good verses evil, and the goblin in your picture is part of the scenery. You may be interested to know that J.R.R. Tolkien’s description of Deep Helm in “Lord of the Rings” was itself inspired by a visit to Cheddar Caves.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Cheddar Caves & Gorge
Somerset, England.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Aren't all Djinns just Chupacabra wanna-be's, anyway?:smile:

What is a Chupacabra?

A Chupacabra is a legendary creature in Latin American folklore, described as a small, hairless, dog-like animal with sharp fangs and a row of spines down its back. It is believed to attack and drink the blood of livestock, especially goats.

What does it mean to "debunk" a Chupacabra photo?

To debunk a Chupacabra photo means to prove that the photo is not authentic and does not show a real Chupacabra. This can be done through scientific analysis and evidence, such as identifying the animal in the photo as a known species or finding inconsistencies in the photo that suggest it has been altered or staged.

Why are there so many fake Chupacabra photos?

The legend of the Chupacabra has gained popularity in recent years, leading to an increase in fake photos and hoaxes. Some people may also intentionally create fake photos for attention or to perpetuate the myth of the Chupacabra.

How can I tell if a Chupacabra photo is real or fake?

There are several things to look for when examining a Chupacabra photo. Pay attention to the source of the photo and any accompanying information, as well as the quality and composition of the photo. Look for any signs of manipulation or inconsistencies in the photo, and consider seeking out expert opinions and analysis.

Why is it important to debunk fake Chupacabra photos?

Debunking fake Chupacabra photos is important because it helps to prevent the spread of misinformation and false beliefs. It also allows for a more accurate understanding of the natural world and prevents unnecessary fear or harm to animals that may be mistaken for Chupacabras.