Analogous Hawking Radiation from Astrophysical Black Hole Accretion

In summary: Its similar to the properties of acoustic wave propagation and epicyclic oscillations within certain tori objects.”I would agree that the acoustic oscillations are simply vibrations of the material against the background vacuum energy,similar to the properties of acoustic wave propagation and epicyclic oscillations within certain tori objects.
Hi everyone

Im trying to understand a paper(title of the thread)
arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0404482

Just woundering what an acoustic black hole and acoustic event horizon would actually be?
Is the Analogous Hawking Radiation just ascoustic osccilations in the Accretion matter? like the acoustic ossilation that are present in the CMB?

Or is it something more complicated like black hole ringing, in which case do gravity waves come into play? they(the paper) never mention gravity waves so is it just ascoustic vibrations?

If so how is this analogous Hawking Radiation?

Interesting paper though ( i think)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The Simple Explanation

25 wrote;
“Is the Analogous Hawking Radiation just acoustic osccilations in the Accretion matter?”

I would contend that acoustic oscillations are merely string/texture vibrations against the background vacuum energy.

Its similar to the properties of acoustic wave propagation and epicyclic oscillations within certain tori objects.

For a brief overview, see;
http://www.ingenta.com/isis/searchi...ike://bsc/mnr/2003/00000344/00000003&index=29

Nommos Prime (Dogon) said:
25 wrote;
“Is the Analogous Hawking Radiation just acoustic osccilations in the Accretion matter?”

I would contend that acoustic oscillations are merely string/texture vibrations against the background vacuum energy.

Its similar to the properties of acoustic wave propagation and epicyclic oscillations within certain tori objects.

For a brief overview, see;
http://www.ingenta.com/isis/searchi...ike://bsc/mnr/2003/00000344/00000003&index=29
What do you mean by "string/texture"? (Just asking, not contesting).

Most (I think) simply attribute the acoustics to properties of accretion matter based on size (mass) and energy. There is a good paper from 1997, before the "recent" famous detection, about what might cause and must be the source of BH acoustics. See:

http://www.physics.wustl.edu/~visser/cqg-acoustic.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
String/Texture Vibrations

In my research;

String/texture vibrations are “hypothetical” remnants (of Earth-mass size for each 90+/-cm of length) from the Inflationary Period of the Big Bang. They possesses enigmatic gravitational fields (affecting 4-11 dimensions) which are electrical superconductors. You could call them “imperfections in the geometry of space”. They relate (and probably explain) the resultant evolution of the D-F string network in compact dimensions.

The only reference “in peer-reviewed journals” I can find is in paper form. It is a document which comes close to explaining how I picture them;
“Antigravity Beams from Cosmic Strings:
T. Vachaspati, Physical Review D35, 1767, (1987).”
Sorry, but there is not much on the Net I can refer you to. My Vacuum Heart Theory really needs a new language (not even Maths can explain it adequately). I hope this doesn’t all sound too “double-entendre like”…

im just glad someone finnaly replied
didnt understand to much of your relpy Dogon but would love to get into some of that research your doing

1. What is "Analogous Hawking Radiation" and how does it relate to black hole accretion?

"Analogous Hawking Radiation" refers to the phenomenon in which particles are emitted from an event horizon, similar to Hawking radiation from a black hole. In this case, the particles are emitted from the event horizon of an accreting black hole, rather than the black hole itself. This process is believed to be responsible for the intense radiation emitted from some astrophysical black holes.

2. How is "Analogous Hawking Radiation" different from Hawking radiation?

While both processes involve the emission of particles from an event horizon, Hawking radiation is caused by the quantum effects of a black hole, while "Analogous Hawking Radiation" is caused by the accretion of matter onto a black hole. Additionally, the particles emitted in "Analogous Hawking Radiation" are not true Hawking radiation, but rather a similar phenomenon.

3. What is the significance of "Analogous Hawking Radiation" in astrophysics?

The discovery of "Analogous Hawking Radiation" has significant implications for our understanding of black holes and their role in the universe. It provides a possible explanation for the intense radiation emitted by some black holes, and may also help us better understand the physics of black hole accretion.

4. How is "Analogous Hawking Radiation" observed or detected?

Currently, "Analogous Hawking Radiation" is difficult to observe directly. However, scientists can study the properties of the radiation emitted from astrophysical black holes and compare it to theoretical predictions of "Analogous Hawking Radiation" to gather evidence for its existence.

5. Can "Analogous Hawking Radiation" be used to extract energy from a black hole?

No, "Analogous Hawking Radiation" cannot be used to extract energy from a black hole. While it does emit particles, the amount of energy released is negligible compared to the energy of the black hole itself. It is also important to note that the emission of particles in "Analogous Hawking Radiation" does not decrease the mass of the black hole, unlike Hawking radiation.