POLL - geographic location of our members

In summary, the poll is to determine the global localization of all our members. The poll is global in that it includes members from all over the world. The poll is local in that it evaluates the localization of members based on their social and cultural boundaries. Male, from Canada, is one of the participants in the poll. Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.

Your Geographic Location

• North America

Votes: 203 60.4%
  • Latin America

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Europe

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • Islamic world (ie N. Africa and Middle East)

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Africa (excl above)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Former Soviet Union

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • East Asia (eg China/ Japan)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • South Asia (eg India)

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • South East Asia (eg Malesia/ Indonesia)

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Australia and Oceania

Votes: 16 4.8%

• Total voters
Kumusta po kaayo Raven

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey.like From China

Male from Datong city of China
This is a secret enough and winter cold enough city.
Naturely , wind with sky.

Poll

I'm a male near Chicago.

Mabuhay!

Male/NY/USA

Originally posted by hey.like
Male from Datong city of China
This is a secret enough and winter cold enough city.
Naturely , wind with sky.

Hey, which province is Datong in?
I'm also Chinese, from Hong Kong. :smile:

Male. Currently living in Switzerland, but originally from The Netherlands.

Mahboob

MONIQUE u know what it means

Socho to jano

\\\///
/ \
| \\ // |
( | (.) (.) |)
-----o00o--(_)--o00o-----------------

Last edited:
Originally posted by himanshu121
MONIQUE u know what it means
Actually, I don't.. now you made me curious, what does it mean? I know that there was a movie in 1976 named Mehbooba :)

Code:
         \\\///
       /        \
       | \\   // |
     ( | (.) (.) |)
-----o00o--(_)--o00o-----------------

place your image between [code ][/code ] tags to preserve the space

Mehbooba means Girlfriend
Mehboob means Boyfriend

These are hindi words used in almost all the songs

Thanks for coda

Dosti means friendship

Today I bought a National Geographic Travelguide on India, it has such a magical image with its culture. I have never been to India so it is hard to judge, but it looks so colorfull and ornamented..

Yes it is colourful with Diverse i say Diverse Culture

It is a land of Saints & Rishis(Researchers)

The oldest book Veda(s) Rig Veda was composed in India
The Ramayan
The Gita
The Upanishads

I believe there is hardly anyone who can beat us in literature

The Mahabharat is the longest poem ever composed u see

With its epic [tex]\rightarrow \infty[/tex]

When u move length and breadth you find colourful India You would Love to visit India

As an Indian I invite You to Visit Our Country And explore its majestic nature even nature has blessed us with Six seasons nowwhere found

As an Indian I invite You to Visit Our Country And explore its majestic nature even nature has blessed us with Six seasons nowwhere found
You have no idea how good that sounds :)

The only thing I would be worried about is the food.. I really like spicy food but my physiology doesn't and I am sure most of the bacteria will be foreign for me too.. :(

Actually, one of my Indian friends went back home last christmas for marriage and soon fell ill, making me even more worried how I would do :)

Yes it happens, my cousins live in UK they always got this problem when they eat spicy food, any way there are some international restaurants which are hygenical without loosing taste n without foreign bacteria

You don't want to eat ethnic food in The Netherlands, it has been adepted to our customs so it has no taste left at all.. I had some really good food in the US though :)

Yes i would love to if you will be visiting India do meet me and tell me about your culture & food is the food spicy there. Anyway moh main pani a gaya

Yes i would love to if you will be visiting India do meet me and tell me about your culture & food is the food spicy there. Anyway moh main pani a gaya
Your mouth is watering

Tu to la jawab hai monique.

Tujhe pata hai iske mutlab - Moh main pani a gaya ka

Tu to la jawab hai monique.

Tujhe pata hai iske mutlab - Moh main pani a gaya ka
This is not easy..

First you say.. you have the answer monique
Then.. do you know the sentence (I guess mutlab is sentence?) - I get water in my mouth

am I close? It is hard since there are not Hindi translation services on the net and no vocabulary books in the stores :(

la jawab here means u are good

U got it right

I wanted to say that u are good in understanding Hindi

Mutlab here is understanding not sentence

Moh main pani a gaya ka - Its just a kind of Idiom meaning You are tempted by the thought of food and u want to have it

a jawab here means u are good
U got it right
I wanted to say that u are good in understanding Hindi
Mutlab here is understanding not sentence
Moh main pani a gaya ka - Its just a kind of Idiom meaning You are tempted by the thought of food and u want to have it
Scuza'me (for butting in) but how do you pronounce that?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Scuza'me (for butting in) but how do you pronounce that?
Just listen to lots of songs and have the song text along with it My favorite:

bejaan dil ko
bejaan dil ko tere ishq ne zi.nda kiya
phir tere ishq ne hii is dil ko tabaah kiya

Chorus:
taDap taDapke is dil se aah nikaltii rahii
mujhko sazaa dii pyaar kii aisa kya gunaah kiya
to luT ga'e haa.n luT ga'e to luT ga'e ham terii muhabbat me.n

ajab hai ishq yaara pal do pal kii khushiyaa.n
gam ke khazaane milte phir milti hai.n tanha'iyaa.n
kabhii aa.nsuu kabhii aahe.n kabhii shikve kabhii naale
tera chehara nazar aa'e
tera chehara nazar aa'e mujhe din ke ujaalo.n me.n terii yaade.n tadapaa'e.n
terii yaade.n taDapaa'e.n raato.n ke a.ndhero.n me.n tera chehara nazar aa'e
machal machalke is dil se aah nikaltii rahii
mujhko sazaa dii pyaar kii aisa kya gunaah kiya
to luT ga'e haa.n luT ga'e
to luT ga'e ham terii muhabbat me.n
agar mile khuda to puuchhuu.nga khudaaya
jism mujhe deke miTTii ka shiishe ka dil kyo.n banaaya
aur us pe diya fitrat ki woh karta hai muhabbatmujhko sazaa dii pyaar kii aisa kya gunaah kiya
to luT ga'e haa.n luT ga'e
vaah re vaah terii kudrat
vaah re vaah terii kudrat uspe de diya qismat kabhii hai milan kabhii furqat
kabhii hai milan kabhii furqat hai yehii kya voh muhabbat
vaah re vaah terii kudrat
sisak sisakke is dil se aah nikaltii rahii

to luT ga'e ham terii muhabbat me.n

Male,17,Belgium,Flemish(Hoogstraten)

Hoi MHills :) Welkom bij de Forums :)

Hummm, can you hummm me 'a few bars' of that one please...

Male: Wichita, Kansas USA

Hmmm
This song crops up with emotion showing break up
anyway
nice song from Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam

Have u seen the movie

and i know ur Indian friends might be translating for u

my fav

Hum bewafa hur kis na tha
per hum wafa kar na saka
iske saza humko milee
ab jo khata kur na sake

Hmmm
This song crops up with emotion showing break up
anyway
nice song from Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam

Have u seen the movie
Yes, I have seen Hum Dil de Chuke Sanam, that is why I like the song. First the song is played when a husband brings his wife to her first love, but at the last moment she decides to stay loyal to her husband so at that time the song is played for the second time where she leaves her first love and reunites with her husband. It is sung so powerfully, I didn't find out the lyrics until much later, making me like it even more :)

and i know ur Indian friends might be translating for u
Actually they don't because they are thousands of miles away from me now :) But I found out that many of the bollywood lyrics are available in translated versions online so that is where I get the vocabulary :) http://www.bollywhat.com/lyrics/hddcs_lyr.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na The
Movie: Shalimar (1978)
Music: R.D. Burman
Lyrics: Anand Bakshi
Singer/s: Kishore Kumar, Chorus

I love this old song

Hum bewafa hargiz na the
Par hum wafa kar naa sake
Humko mili uski sazaa
Hum jo khata kar naa sake
Hum bewafa hargiz na the

Chorus: jingala la hum, jingala la hum
Jingala la hum hurr hurr, hurr hurr

Kitni akeli thi woh rahen hum jinpe
Ab tak akele chalte rahen
Tujhse bichhad ke bhi o bekhabar
Tere hi gham mein jalte rahen
Tune kiya jo shiwa
Hum woh gila kar naa sake
Hum bewafa hargiz na the

Chorus: hurr hurr, hurr hurr, hurr hurr

Tumne jo dekha suna sach tha magar
Itna tha sach yeh kisko pataa
Jaane tumhe maine koi dhokha diya
Jaane tumhe koi dhokha hua
Is pyaar mein sach jhooth kaa
Tum faisla kar naa sake
Hum bewafa hargiz na the

Chorus: [ jingala la hum, jingala la hum,
jingala la hum hurr hurr ] ..

himanshu121: Janam Din Bahut Bahut Mubarak Ho!

Shukriya, dhanywad Monique

Its so nice of You, I offer virtual sweets to u:wink:

Shukriya, dhanywad Monique

Its so nice of You, I offer virtual sweets to u:wink:

Himanshu Dada...Monique iss forum ka bohut friendly hey :) oor Hindi film ka vi bohut sosojdaar hei!

Apni ki Bangla bojhen?

Arkansas, Deep South USA.

Heart of the Bible Belt.

Nautica

female, currently residing in the continental U.S. but originally born and lived for 20 yrs in Alaska..which I am somewhat offended to see lumped in with the rest of North America... j/k

Originally posted by skywise
female, currently residing in the continental U.S. but originally born and lived for 20 yrs in Alaska..which I am somewhat offended to see lumped in with the rest of North America... j/k
Yup, I thought it should have been separated, as a part of Canada, too...

:smile: In many respects I can relate more with Canadians than Americans. I used to often say that I consider myself an Alaskan before an American. Course I've lived in the lower 48 for the last four years so my feelings on the matter are evolving.

<h2>What is the purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members?</h2><p>The purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members is to gain a better understanding of our audience and to tailor our services or products to their specific needs. It can also help us identify any potential gaps in our reach and make informed decisions on how to expand our reach to other regions.</p><h2>How is the geographic location of our members determined?</h2><p>The geographic location of our members is typically determined through self-reporting. This means that members provide their location information voluntarily, either through a registration form or by updating their profile. In some cases, we may also use geolocation technology to determine a member's location based on their IP address.</p><h2>What is the significance of knowing the geographic distribution of our members?</h2><p>Knowing the geographic distribution of our members can provide valuable insights into the diversity of our audience and help us identify any regional trends or patterns. This information can also be useful in marketing and advertising efforts, as well as in developing targeted campaigns or initiatives.</p><h2>How often is the data on the geographic location of our members updated?</h2><p>The frequency of data updates on the geographic location of our members may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of our organization. In general, we strive to keep this information as up-to-date as possible to ensure its accuracy and relevance.</p><h2>Is the data on the geographic location of our members kept confidential?</h2><p>Yes, the data on the geographic location of our members is kept confidential and is only used for internal purposes. We adhere to strict privacy policies and do not share this information with any third parties without the explicit consent of our members.</p>

What is the purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members?

The purpose of collecting data on the geographic location of our members is to gain a better understanding of our audience and to tailor our services or products to their specific needs. It can also help us identify any potential gaps in our reach and make informed decisions on how to expand our reach to other regions.

How is the geographic location of our members determined?

The geographic location of our members is typically determined through self-reporting. This means that members provide their location information voluntarily, either through a registration form or by updating their profile. In some cases, we may also use geolocation technology to determine a member's location based on their IP address.

What is the significance of knowing the geographic distribution of our members?

Knowing the geographic distribution of our members can provide valuable insights into the diversity of our audience and help us identify any regional trends or patterns. This information can also be useful in marketing and advertising efforts, as well as in developing targeted campaigns or initiatives.

How often is the data on the geographic location of our members updated?

The frequency of data updates on the geographic location of our members may vary depending on the specific needs and goals of our organization. In general, we strive to keep this information as up-to-date as possible to ensure its accuracy and relevance.

Is the data on the geographic location of our members kept confidential?

Yes, the data on the geographic location of our members is kept confidential and is only used for internal purposes. We adhere to strict privacy policies and do not share this information with any third parties without the explicit consent of our members.