Conflicted Feelings: Moving On from High School

In summary, moving on from high school can be a time of conflicting emotions for many individuals. While it marks the end of a significant chapter in one's life, it also brings about the excitement and uncertainty of new beginnings. The nostalgia for the past and the fear of the future can create a sense of conflict within oneself. However, it is important to embrace these conflicting feelings and use them as motivation to grow and move forward. Whether it is pursuing higher education, starting a career, or exploring new opportunities, the process of moving on from high school is a natural and necessary part of life.
For goodness sake, let's not have a lil arguement, this guys relationship (and maybe sexuality ) is at stake here!

And to you Prudens, don't you think that 15 pages of people telling you to ask her out and the fact that the evidence lines up so perfectly to her liking you is enough incentive to get with her. Frankly, you are a fool if you leave it any longer. I know, I KNOW it is hard to put your genitalia on a guillotine and ask her out but to get anywhere in love you have to. Please, just take the hint from a lot of people and talk to her!

To be nice, just do it and act

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by jimmy p
For goodness sake, let's not have a lil arguement, this guys relationship (and maybe sexuality ) is at stake here!

And to you Prudens, don't you think that 15 pages of people telling you to ask her out and the fact that the evidence lines up so perfectly to her liking you is enough incentive to get with her. Frankly, you are a fool if you leave it any longer. I know, I KNOW it is hard to put your genitalia on a guillotine and ask her out but to get anywhere in love you have to. Please, just take the hint from a lot of people and talk to her!

To be nice, just do it and act

Alright, I'll act. I'll come back and tell you guys the process.

Originally posted by Monique
Maybe you think you like her, because she has been giving you attention so you think she likes you. But really you don't like her, you are just wondering if she likes you, and if she does, you like her.

No, I really like her.

Good luck man! Go for it!

Good going! take this collective wisdom and use it to great effect (who says you have to stop at one ?)

Progress #1!

I asked her if she goes out with Swing, she said:

"WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

that's progress, now you are free to make your move

that's progress, now you are free to make your move

what if she goes out with another guy?

Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
what if she goes out with another guy?

Forgive me if I've missed something since I'm hopping onto this thread without reading the extensive history.

But in any case-- you need to go with what people have been telling you. Forget "what if"-- that manner of thinking is only going to work contrary to your goal.

If you want the rush of skydiving, you have to work up the bravery to jump out of the plane. There's just no two ways about it. It's scary and things can go wrong-- what if the parachute doesn't open? But the bottom line is, if you don't jump, you'll never get what you want. There comes a point where you have to silence all your worries no matter how much you want to cling to them, take a leap of faith, and see what happens.

We can talk another 15 pages, but this all just comes down to a Nike ad, my friend. Just do it. :smile:

Ask her out NOW! Forget Swing or any other dude, think about her.

I talked to her today(didn't ask her out yet), her face was red but she was bold. --> Bad or good?

I would say that was good, she is shy around you however she has courage (maybe the courage to get things going when you wouldnt...DIG DIG DIG) lol

red face = blushing = very, very good.
+ she is fighting against her natural embarrassment in order to talk to you, which again = very very good.

Originally posted by rick1138
red face = blushing = very, very good.
+ she is fighting against her natural embarrassment in order to talk to you, which again = very very good.

:D, shall I play big win big?

I talked to her today(didn't ask her out yet), her face was red but she was bold. --> Bad or good?
PrudensOptimus,
It is a useful and good thing being able to pick up on body language, and I understand you are young and perhaps a bit nervous, but you must muster your resolve and stop worrying. If you feel you need to get used to rejection then I have a plan that can help (more later).

I think on the 100 hundredth page he will finally ask her out. By that time, she's already married with 3 kids...

Originally posted by The_Professional
I think on the 100 hundredth page he will finally ask her out. By that time, she's already married with 3 kids...

lol? i bet you i'll ask her out very soon.

Originally posted by BoulderHead
PrudensOptimus,
It is a useful and good thing being able to pick up on body language, and I understand you are young and perhaps a bit nervous, but you must muster your resolve and stop worrying. If you feel you need to get used to rejection then I have a plan that can help (more later).

but, i don't know what to take her to... movies? no good movies lately, i heard girls don't like all action, horror or whatever.

Don't take her to the movies on a first date. You'll be staring at the screen for the next 2 hours or so and not say anything to each other.

Ask her to go dancing, play pool or just go bowling. You will teach her how to hold the cue stick

Or dancing..so she can have her hands all over you

Last edited:
Originally posted by The_Professional
Don't take her to the movies on a first date. You'll be staring at the screen for the next 2 hours or so and not say anything to each other.

Ask her to go dancing, play pool or just go bowling. You will teach her how to hold the cue stick

Or dancing..so she can have her hands all over you

I don't know how to dance :\ [b(]

Follow my simple rules:

Just go with the bassline

Less is More

Last edited:
Dancing is good, you don't have to be good, you just need to get on the dance floor. Girls love to dance.

now I know why my mom make me learn dancing back in 9th grade, but they don't have that course in my school...

lol? i bet you i'll ask her out very soon.

20th page then? I'm joking! Anyway with dancing, i never dance, i prefer to watch ladies. But it doesn't look too hard, just move to the beat i suppose. Or you could take her out...shopping. (Dont buy stuff for her, arrange to go on a trip with her or something) you get quality 1-1 time and you get to be the judge of her clothes.."yes, yes, show a little more skin" :wink:

OK, she just invited me to her house again, this time i accept it. She told me her daddy can't fix the computer problem, and she told me her daddy is on a business trip, her mom is home though. And she said something that I didn't get, "Great, I'll do the cooking." --> What does that mean? can't her mom cook?

"Great, I'll do the cooking." --> What does that mean? can't her mom cook?
No, it means that she probably wants to show off to you. This is an excellent chance to 'qualify' her.

And about dancing: the truth is, not many people can 'dance'. Just look on the dance floor. "Modern" dancing consists of moving your body to the beat in a two step manner, or swaying from side-to-side. My advice, just get out there and 'move', look at other people if you need to and tryout some things they do. The point of dancing is to have fun. However, because you are young, the only dancing you will probably do will be at school affiliated dances.

The movie-date is a no-no. Its way too impersonal. Shopping is okay. I would suggest something like iceskating, putt-putt golf, or a dinner date. All are easy, cheap, and excellent ways of 'opening up' socially to each other (one on one).

She's cooking for you? You are so in. By the way, joining a dance class is a way to meet a lot of girls. More than likely you will be one of very few males. You are also doing more than just finding a place to meet women, you are entering their fantasy worls, which has a very powerfu effect.

Wait, after thinking, could she be using me all this time??

she invited me over to fix her computer,... that sounds like she's using me [b(]

she invited me over to fix her computer,... that sounds like she's using me [b(]
You should be so lucky!
Stop thinking and go fix everything she needs fixed, but take time to tell her nice things and be sure to win over her mother while you're at it. :smile:

I don't think this is going to end.

Originally posted by Chrono
I don't think this is going to end.

I concur! he'll finally get the nerve to ask her out when they're in the nursing home together...in about 70 years

Prudens: get off yer A$$, get some nerve, put your (thus far) non-existing love life on the line and ask her out. If you weren't in like flint before hand, you're only working your way down from the top. She's liked you for a long time so it seems, and has been waiting for you to come around to her. Shes asked you to do stuff with her several times so... GO FOR IT

-Ty

she invited me over to fix her computer,... that sounds like she's using me

Dude, you have her in the palm of your hand - she is NOT using you.

I need a smily with rolling eyes..

I need a smily with rolling eyes..

we need a smiley specifically for this thread I think...one w/ a hand smacking itself in the head...for whenever she loses interest in him before he gets the courage to do anything about it.

-Ty

He has to act now, now is the perfect time, everything is set up - she asked him out five times, she's invited him to her bedroom, she's cooking for him, her parents know he's going to be in her bedroom and think it's perfectly OK...

at this point he doesn't even have to ask her out all he has to do is KISS HER.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What are conflicted feelings?</h2><p>Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.</p><h2>2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?</h2><p>High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.</p><h2>3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?</h2><p>It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.</p><h2>4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?</h2><p>Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.</p><h2>5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?</h2><p>The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.</p>

1. What are conflicted feelings?

Conflicted feelings refer to experiencing two or more conflicting emotions at the same time. This can often lead to confusion, uncertainty, and difficulty in making decisions.

2. Why do high school students experience conflicted feelings when moving on?

High school students are at a transitional stage in their lives, where they are leaving behind the familiar and entering into the unknown. This can trigger a range of emotions such as excitement, fear, sadness, and anxiety, leading to conflicted feelings.

3. How can one cope with conflicted feelings when moving on from high school?

It is important to acknowledge and accept your conflicted feelings. Talk to someone you trust, such as a friend or family member, about your emotions. Engage in self-care activities, such as exercise, journaling, or meditation, to help manage your emotions. Seek support from a therapist if needed.

4. Is it normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school?

Yes, it is completely normal to have conflicted feelings about leaving high school. It is a significant milestone in one's life, and it is natural to experience a range of emotions during this transition.

5. How long do conflicted feelings about moving on from high school last?

The duration of conflicted feelings can vary for each individual. It depends on the person's coping mechanisms, support system, and the significance of the transition. It is essential to give yourself time and be patient with your emotions.