Is the Thermal Background of the Universe opaque for certain waves?

In summary, Feynman points out that the photons do not behave like particles-they spread out as they travel.
Olias
And consequently provides zero resistance?

Link:http://www.nature.com/nsu/040112/040112-7.html

Astronomy news on Phys.org
How about neutrino resonances? (Do you mean "opaque" or "zero resistance"?)

Loren Booda said:
How about neutrino resonances? (Do you mean "opaque" or "zero resistance"?)

Sorry for being so vague Loren, but there is more to the question I had in mind. I definatly mean Opaque, and if I am looking for is the 'coldest' possible energy 'waves'?

The 'fabric' of Space diffracts energy according to the amplitude(with respect to direction), for the 'new kind of matter', I presume that there is 'NO' many paths for light traveling through a 'medium-like' supersolid state.

The QM theory uses the 'many-paths' as a foundational bedrock, I think Feynman would be questioning his path integral formilization, all paths are mono-directional!

"Coldest" waves? Gravitational waves from inflation.

Loren Booda said:
"Coldest" waves? Gravitational waves from inflation.

The dynamical Arrow of Time.

I knew I had some issue's with a discrete action of particles of light(photons) traveling through Space and through a Spacetime.

Seems Feynman did to!..going through my books on Feynman, I found what I was looking for, but I am going to give it another rigourous reading, but here's what Feynman says:In this example, the photons travel through space to get to the detectors-they are neither reflected nor transmitted-so now is a good time for me to stop disregarding the fact that light spreads out as it goes along. I now present you with the complete rule for monochromatic light traveling from one point for another through space-there is nothing approximate here, and no simplification.END QUOTE.

This is very interesting from my perspective as I had asked in another thread about the dispersion of photons from one location to another, spreading out of hv,(as many people ask similar questions to a photons behaviour!).

But for now I am going to reflect on Feynmans workings for a day or two?

1. What is the Thermal Background of the Universe?

The Thermal Background of the Universe, also known as the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB), is a type of electromagnetic radiation that fills the entire universe. It is the remnant heat from the Big Bang and has a nearly uniform temperature of 2.7 Kelvin (or -270.45 degrees Celsius).

2. What does it mean for the Thermal Background to be opaque for certain waves?

This means that certain wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation are unable to pass through the Thermal Background of the Universe. This is because the particles in the CMB absorb and scatter these waves, making them unable to travel through the universe.

3. What types of waves are opaque in the Thermal Background of the Universe?

The Thermal Background is opaque for high-frequency waves, such as gamma rays and X-rays. It is also opaque for low-frequency radio waves. However, some wavelengths, such as visible light, are able to pass through the CMB with minimal absorption and scattering.

4. Why is the Thermal Background of the Universe opaque for certain waves?

This is due to the interaction between the CMB and the particles in the early universe. As the universe expanded and cooled, the particles in the CMB became less energetic and were able to absorb and scatter certain wavelengths of radiation. This process is known as photon decoupling.

5. How does the Thermal Background being opaque for certain waves impact our understanding of the universe?

The opacity of the Thermal Background for certain waves provides valuable insight into the early universe and its evolution. It confirms the existence of the Big Bang and allows scientists to study the properties of the universe at its infancy. It also helps in understanding the formation of structures such as galaxies and galaxy clusters.