Efficient Aggregation of Science News: A Quest for the Ultimate RSS Feed

In summary, dduardo recommends using a local aggregator to keep up-to-date on science news. He suggests www.dailyrotation.com as an option.
Descartes
I check quite a number of science-related sites for updates, and I'd love to be able to aggregate their news to expedite my checking process. Is anyone familiar of RSS feeds out there that already aggregate all this information? How do you keep up-to-date on all the science news?

If what I'm looking for doesn't exist I will end up writing an aggregator myself for all the respective sites, including those that don't have RSS feeds (which is a lot of them).

Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
If your into tech news then I suggest www.dailyrotation.com

As for the science-related news aggregator, there might be a site as inclusive as the daily rotation, but I think you'll have better luck with local software on your computer. Here is a list of them:

http://blogspace.com/rss/readers

If you decide to write your newsreader, I highly suggest you read the sites' policy on how many times you can access the RSS file per hour. I wrote one in PHP, but was quickly blocked from many sites for the reason above.

Thank you dduardo.

I think I was unclear in my intentions, because I currently use SharpReader for my aggregator. What I meant was I would like to have a list of resources that publish updates that I could then aggregate into a single RSS feed to consume in my local aggregator. I've done this before in the past, and I'd like to do the same for science news.

To expound, consider the following: Nature.com publishes science news on a periodic basis, but so do countless other sites. Rather than subscribe to every individual feed (or manually check those that don't offer RSS feeds) I would like to aggregate all the news from each site and publish a single RSS feed. I can do this no problem, but I don't want to do so if someone has already; no sense in reinventing the wheel. At the very least it would be nice to have an OPML file or something so that I could have a comprehensive list of science-related sites that produce RSS feeds.

Hope I'm making sense. Thanks for your help.

1. What is an RSS feed?

An RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed is a way to receive updates from websites or blogs without having to visit them. It allows users to subscribe to a website's content and receive notifications whenever new content is published.

2. How can I find science news RSS feeds?

You can find science news RSS feeds by searching on a news aggregator website, such as Feedly or Flipboard. You can also visit the websites of your favorite science news sources and look for the RSS feed icon (usually a small orange square with white waves).

3. Can I customize my RSS feed for science news?

Yes, most RSS feed readers allow you to customize your feed by selecting specific topics or sources of interest. This way, you can receive updates on the science news that is most relevant to you.

4. How often are RSS feeds updated?

The frequency of updates for RSS feeds depends on the website or blog. Some may update multiple times a day, while others may only update once a week. Most RSS feed readers allow you to set the frequency of updates for each feed.

5. Are there any advantages to using RSS feeds for science news?

Yes, there are several advantages to using RSS feeds for science news. It allows you to stay informed about the latest developments in the scientific world without having to constantly check multiple websites. It also helps you filter out irrelevant or repetitive content. Additionally, using an RSS feed helps support independent and trustworthy sources of science news.