How were your exams?

• Thread starter gimpy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams
In summary: Cause I am into chemistry and math, and I am struggling with those.In summary, students' exams are over. They discuss the different exams they took and how they performed. They also mention that loops are better in terms of performance.
gimpy
Exams are over!

Hey all you students,

How did your exams go this semester? I had 4 extremely hard exams this semester. I've never studied so hard in my life. But I am happy about them, i feel i did good. (hopefully).

Lets see i had a physics exam (electricity and magnetism). That was an elective course i took (yeah I am crazy), the exam was a tricky one. I had Discrete Mathemeatics(which was the hardest one, lots of proofs), Linear algebra (it went ok) and an exam on Java which was the easiest one but still very hard.

How did everyone elses exams go?

Holidays! Yuppieee!

Physics news on Phys.org
My exams are Jan 7 and 9, and I still have to read 8 chapters and a binder filled with research articles.. going to be a fun christmas.. :frown:

I'm in last year of high school. School's final exam will be held on 23rd February which includes everything that I learned since september 2002.

In March and April, I'll have public exams.
30/3 Chinese Langauge and Culuture (CLC) (4.5 hours)
31/3 CLC listening (1 hour)
2/4 Use of English (UE) (4.5 hours)
3/4 UE listening (1 hour)
20/4 AL pure mathematics (6 hours)
23/4 AL chemistry (6 hours)
28/4 AL physics (6 hours)
:frown:

For us, Form 7 (upper six / grade 13) students in Hong Kong, Christmas holiday, Chinese New Year holiday and Easter holiday (3 long holidays) are holidays of studying . Whether we can enter good universities and to study the subjects that we want to study depend on the public exams.

Books and notes have already been scattered everywhere in my room.

On 28 April at 5pm, when the examinars say time's up, pens down, I'll put a full stop to high school education and enjoy my 4 months long summer holiday. :smile:

Nothing sucks like having a final in the last time slot (6:10-8pm) on the last day of the week. But now it is all over, and I get to pack for my 13 hour drive home tomorrow (which goes right through the kill-zone in Ohio).

I finished my exams a week ago and the last day was my hardest exam, philosophy. I pretty much bombed my computer science exam. Damn those recursive methods!

Originally posted by Chrono
I finished my exams a week ago and the last day was my hardest exam, philosophy. I pretty much bombed my computer science exam. Damn those recursive methods!

Recursion can be a ***** sometimes, depending on the situation. But practice makes perfect even though recursion isn't the best way of coding, its just the best way mathematically.

Originally posted by gimpy
Recursion can be a ***** sometimes, depending on the situation. But practice makes perfect even though recursion isn't the best way of coding, its just the best way mathematically.

Out book even said that loops were better in terms of performance.

Phew, I am glad exams are finally over. I didn't realize Christmas was so soon this year, as I was so concerned about my exam days on thursday and friday. I havn't even gotten my relatives gifts yet.

Goddamn... my exams are only starting January 13th, and they last al the way till January 31, a Saturday, grumble...

KL Kam, I know the feeling of having to study during the holidays.

I'll be expected to do:

Analysis III (Hilbert-space, Fourier transform, ...)
Algebra II (Ring, Module & representation theory)
Theoretical physics I (EM and continium mechanics)
EM & Solid State physics (christallography...)
Astrophysics I (HR, easy models for stellar evolution...)
Affine & Projective geometry

And that's about it. What the hell am I doing here, I should be studying!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Chrono
Out book even said that loops were better in terms of performance.

Yes loops are better in terms of performance. My professor said that you can program anything without using recursion.

Originally posted by Dimitri Terryn
Goddamn... my exams are only starting January 13th, and they last al the way till January 31, a Saturday, grumble...

KL Kam, I know the feeling of having to study during the holidays.

I'll be expected to do:

Analysis III (Hilbert-space, Fourier transform, ...)
Algebra II (Ring, Module & representation theory)
Theoretical physics I (EM and continium mechanics)
EM & Solid State physics (christallography...)
Astrophysics I (HR, easy models for stellar evolution...)
Affine & Projective geometry

Wow, that's one hell of a course load you have going there. If i was you i would camp out in the library. I guess your a physics major? My exams feel so easy now
Good luck with all of them!

Originally posted by gimpy
Yes loops are better in terms of performance. My professor said that you can program anything without using recursion.

Makes me wonder why we studied it for so long.

Halleluja, finally done!

oookay so I am guessing ur all uni and collage students
right? who like took maths and science courses etc

does finishing your mock GCSE count?
:smile:
i did my last exam last week

isn't there an inie person who's still in
high school?

originally posted by Dimitri Terryn
I always ask myself this question!

Good luck for everyone who need to have exams after Christmas :smile:

alias25, I'm still in high school. Also, good luck for GCSE!

Originally posted by KL Kam
I always ask myself this question!
Idem dito

1. What should I do now that exams are over?

After exams are over, it's important to take some time to rest and relax. You've worked hard and deserve a break. Spend time with friends and family, engage in hobbies or activities that you enjoy, and recharge for the next semester.

2. How can I improve my exam scores for next time?

Reflect on your study habits and identify areas for improvement. Did you study consistently throughout the semester or cram at the last minute? Did you understand the material or just memorize it? Make a plan for better study habits and seek help from teachers or tutors if needed.

3. What if I didn't do well on my exams?

It's important to remember that exams are just one measure of your academic progress. If you didn't do well, don't beat yourself up. Instead, use it as motivation to improve in the future. Talk to your teachers or academic advisors for guidance on how to improve.

4. How can I reduce exam stress?

Exam stress is common, but there are ways to manage it. Make sure to get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise regularly to keep your mind and body in top shape. Practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation. And remember to take breaks and do things you enjoy to help alleviate stress.

5. What should I do if I feel like I'm struggling during exams?

If you feel overwhelmed or struggling during exams, don't hesitate to reach out for help. Talk to your teachers or academic advisors for guidance and support. They can provide resources and strategies to help you succeed. Remember, it's okay to ask for help when you need it.