New Chip Can Be Implanted in Humans

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, this microchip sounds like it could be good for the person it is implanted in, but it also has the potential to be used by kidnappers to track their targets.
Computer science news on Phys.org
One chip costs $150 and has a $50 annual fee. The scanning device and related software cost $1,200. Users can update and manage their chips' information by calling a 24-hour customer service line.
Now there is an interesting twist; get the people themselves to actually pay to be monitored.

I can see older people or people with medical conditions lining up to get that implant.

I don't know, i feel it is fishy, there is something wrong in this.
See the following points :
The microchip, the size of a grain of rice
Isn't it too big to put in the human's body ? (and without any kind of pain ??).
Kidnappings, robberies and fraud are common here, and Mexicans are constantly looking for ways to protect themselves against crime
From the above, i assume that the aim of inventing it was to make the world more secure by monitoring, but this makes contrast with what follows :
1-What BoulderHead said, theives won't pay to be monitored, will they ?
2-
Hospital officials and security guards use a scanning device to download a serial number,
If the serial code is downloaded, and not built in, this means it can be manipulated, which means it is not really secure :smile:.

What do u think ?

Last edited:
I agree; fishy. I'm not much of a conspiracy-theorist but anything that is designed to enable continuous monitoring of an individual makes me a bit unneasy. You know, "Big Brother's watching you" and all that.

I can see that this tech might have some appeal in a place where kidnapping is common; rather like getting LowJack installed in your child. Unfortunately, I fear it might lead to kidnappers cutting children to remove the chip. In fact, this chip might actually end up helping kidnappers because, if they can hack into the system with a monitor of their own, the chip will show them the movements of their intended target. This thing could become the most important reconiscence tool a kidnapper can own.

Originally posted by STAii
If the serial code is downloaded, and not built in, this means it can be manipulated, which means it is not really secure :smile:.

What do u think ?

Many EEPROMs, EPROMs, and PROMs can be protected by burning the paths to the program in the chip. I have never been quite sure exactly how secure this really is, but it is sold as a permanent security option. This is really used to protect valuable software from competitors; so it would seem to be a serious attempt at a genuine lockout.

Originally posted by LURCH
I agree; fishy. I'm not much of a conspiracy-theorist but anything that is designed to enable continuous monitoring of an individual makes me a bit unneasy. You know, "Big Brother's watching you" and all that.

I can see that this tech might have some appeal in a place where kidnapping is common; rather like getting LowJack installed in your child. Unfortunately, I fear it might lead to kidnappers cutting children to remove the chip. In fact, this chip might actually end up helping kidnappers because, if they can hack into the system with a monitor of their own, the chip will show them the movements of their intended target. This thing could become the most important reconiscence tool a kidnapper can own.

I TOTALLY agree with this...

I also think as said before it may also be good if you are elderly and are ill... but as we all know...

Something that was made for good and could help someone NEVER ends up staying that way. Someone ALWAYS takes a good invention and uses it for evil in someway shape or form.

1. What is the purpose of the new chip that can be implanted in humans?

The new chip is designed to enhance human capabilities and improve quality of life. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as tracking health data, unlocking devices, and making purchases.

2. How does the chip work?

The chip is implanted under the skin and uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to communicate with external devices. It can store and transmit information, as well as receive instructions from compatible devices.

3. Is the chip safe for human use?

Yes, the chip has been extensively tested and is considered safe for implantation in humans. It is made of biocompatible materials and does not pose any health risks.

4. Can the chip be removed or deactivated?

Yes, the chip can be easily removed or deactivated by a medical professional. This can be done for various reasons such as privacy concerns or if the chip is no longer needed. However, once removed, the chip cannot be re-implanted.

5. Are there any potential ethical concerns surrounding the use of this chip?

As with any new technology, there may be ethical concerns surrounding its use. Some may argue that the chip could be used for surveillance or control, while others may have concerns about privacy and data security. It is important for proper regulations and guidelines to be in place to address these concerns.

Back