This product is designed to allow you to select usergroups/users who can make notes concerning threads which only they can see, providing a means for your staff to privately discuss a thread within the thread itself. Users who have access to the system may add notes, and edit/delete their own notes, while those you add as managers can edit/delete everyone's notes (as well as add their own).
A navtab or Quick Links item is added for those who have access to the system to allow for the review and management of all thread notes.
In the forum and search results displays, an icon is added to show which threads have thread notes, and the tooltip for the icon tells how many notes there are.
Upon installation a new table is added to your database to store the thread notes data, and a new column is added to your thread table to store the number of notes each thread has (this allows unnecessary queries to be avoided). This product is fully phrased, and CSS can be customized for each style via stylevars. Any CSS entered into the product settings will be inline and will therefore take precedence.
From the product settings, you may enable/disable the product, select the forums in which the system is active, select usergroups who have access to the system, select system managers who will be allowed to edit/delete all thread notes, set whether all actions are recorded in the moderator log, define CSS for the entire thread notes block, define CSS for the element containing the thread notes (which excludes the header), define the maximum height of the element containing existing thread notes, define the maximum height of the element on the custom page that contnais the thread notes blocks, set whether the thread notes block displays above or below the posts on the showthread page, and set whether the "All Thread Notes" link is a Navtab or in the Quick Links menu.
- Fixed issue with thread notes displayed below posts for non-moderator users.
- Fixed issue with collapse button.
- Fixed issue with Navtab permission.
- Custom page now shows "No Permission" if URL to custom page manually entered into browser.
- Phrased the new notes placeholder.
- Added phrased alert when attempting to save blank note.
- Added redirection messages.
- Fixed PHP warnings.
- Added code to delete thread notes associated with hard-deleted threads.
- Added code to update threadids of notes associated with a threads merged into other threads.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the files from the "upload" folder to your root folder on your server.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.