This product allows you to define a list of BBCode tags and their content that you want to be stripped from the body of posts quoted by your users. This eliminates the repeated and unnecessary posting of images, videos and other such media.
- Fixed serious flaw whereby post content was stripped of BBCodes when previewing the post. I now have the correct hook location, and I apologize for any inconvenience to anyone.
- The function that actually strips the BBCode tags and their content from quoted posts has been moved to an external PHP file, so that it can be used by other products. There is no change in functionality.
- Select usergroups may now be exempted from the stripping of BBCode tags from quoted posts.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does NOT alter your database, however it is always good practice to keep regular backups and you should backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will try to help if I can but no guarantee is offered or implied.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
- In AdminCP go to Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import"
- You MUST set your settings to enable the mod. Each setting has an explanation of its use.