This product will allow those with the ability to issue warnings/infractions to see a user's user notes and infraction history on the infraction form for easy reference. A new data block is displayed below the "User Infraction" block containg the user's relevant history.
On the forum I help administrate, we have devised a system where if a user breaks a forum rule for the first time, we simply send a friendly PM advisory of the rule rather than going to the infraction system. Many users, especially new users, are taken aback to receive a formal warning or infraction for breaking a rule they likely didn't realize is in place. Let's face it, the vast majority of users just don't read the rules.
So, when we see that a user has broken a rule, we need to check to see if a PM advisory has previously been sent, and we record this information in the usernotes. Then if we find that an advisory has been sent, we have to check that user's infraction history to see if they have been formally warned or given an infraction so that we know the most appropriate action to take for this new violation.
With this product, you can simply click the "Add Infraction" button on the postbit, and have all the needed history available on the generated form so that you can decide what action is most appropriate. If you find that no relevant usernote data exists, there is a button below the data block element that will take you to that user's usernote page.
- Option to display user history in postbits.
- Option to set which usergroups will have their history displayed in postbits. Both data include links to the relevant pages.
- Option to set which usergroups will see the user history in postbits.
- Shortened product title so it won't be truncated in AdminCP ► Plugins & Products ► Manage Products.
- Fixed text color on usergroup checkbox elements in product settings to be dark.
- If usernote title is empty, displays "N/A" within user history block on infraction form.
- Fixed infraction reason to either use chosen or custom reason, whichever applies.
- Infractions show date/time of expiry.
- Infractions show link to post that caused warning/infraction to be issued, using thread title.
- Infractions are shown in descending order, sorted by time issued.
- Background color of user history block fixed to white.
- If no "Administrative Note" is given for an infraction, then "N/A" is displayed.
- Execution order of postbit plugin increased to help ensure it gets run.
- Usernames of usernote authors and infraction issuers link to user profiles.
- Fixed bug regarding infraction not being associated with a post and causing and SQL
- Changed usergroup selection from checkboxes to select elements.
- Added the display of active infraction points on infraction form.
- Added the ability to customize the color of the active points based on value.
- Added the display of active infraction points on user postbits, where the number is colored as defined.
- Corrected typo preventing templates from being cached.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.