This product allows you to select forums in which posting is restricted to a maximum number of posts, which you decide. Restrictions can be for all new posts including new threads, or new posts excluding new threads, or to posting within the threads of others only or posting new threads only. You may exclude selected usergroups from the restriction. Users who attempt to circumvent the product by manually entering URLs in their browsers will be shown the no permission message. You may decide to only count posts within the last x days to determine whether a user may post or not.
- Added a setting whereby individual users may be excluded from the posting restriction regardless of usergroup.
- Added informative message to users for who posting is restricted.
- All posting links are now hidden by setting appropriate variables used in template conditionals rather than simply hiding them using CSS.
- Bug fixed where users were told they have no permission to post.
- Exempt userlist trimmed for greater compatibility across platforms.
- Made $threadinfo global for wider compatibility.
- Added setting which allows only posts made within the last x days to be counted for the restriction.
- Added setting which allows users to be restricted from posting new threads.
- Added setting which allows a choice of time unit for counting posts/threads.
- Post counts calculated immediately prior to posting new threads/replies so that posting from tab with no restriction by opening new tab with posting link is no longer possible.
- Added setting to allow control over whether child forums are included in the selected restricted forums.
- Added setting to allow all restricted forums to be treated as a group, or to be treated separately.
- Added setting to allow for individually defined post limits for the restricted forums.
- Restricted posting message on both the "forum display" and "show thread" pages now displayed both above and below threads/posts.
- Fixed bug where only last individual forum|restriction was recognized on some servers.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.