This product will allow you to require users to give a reason for editing posts, and you may set the minimum allowed characters in the reason, and define a list of edit reasons which they can select from a drop-down menu. This list of suggested reasons will appear for all users, whether required to give a reason or not, as an aid. If you have suggested reasons for moderators defined, then anyone who has moderating privileges in the forum in which a post reside will see these reasons in the drop-down menu as well.
You may select usergroups whose members will be exempt, and in addition members of usergroups who have "Show edited by note on edited messages?" set to "No" in the "General Permissions" section of the Usergroup Manager" will be exempt, since requiring a reason would defeat that setting.
Also, anyone editing a post within the time limit defined in the setting "Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Last Edited by...'" under "Message Posting and Editing Options" will be exempt.
A user required to give an edit reason will see something like this in the quick editor:
And something like this in the advanced editor:
Here are the phrases associated with this product:
- Added setting for suggested reasons for moderators/administrators.
- Drop-down menu section titles now phrased.
- Fixed bug causing interference with activity stream.
- Add ability to exempt all usergroups from being required to edit, to allow for the setting of pre-defined edit reasons only.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.