This product adds a button to the bottom of your ckeditor (posts/PMs only) that allows for easily breaking quotes. Consider that you have quoted someone's post, and you wish to address multiple points within that post. With this product, you put your cursor at the end of the first point you wish to address, and click the "Quote Break" button, and an ending QUOTE tag is generated, 4 newlines, and a new beginning QUOTE tag that matches the beginning tag of the current quote your cursor is in. Then your cursor is located in between the two generated tags, ready for you to enter your text addressing the first point in the quoted post.
In the settings, you may select which usergroups have access to this product's features. You may also specify users by username that you wish to exclude from the product.
In the "Source Mode" editor, any open text formatting BBCodes are closed in the closed quote, and are reopened in the newly opened quote. You can add any BBCodes you wish to add to the list of tags that are supported. You are given 4 options in the product settings for "WYSIWYG Mode" support, and I highly recommend you choose the option that displays the "Quote Break" button to all users, but alerts users in "WYSIWYG Mode" to switch to "Source Mode" before using the button. I have made an attempt to support the WYSIWYG editor, but the results are inferior compared to the "Source Mode" editor.
Suppose you have quoted a post that contains an unordered list, and you wish to address each point separately. Put your cursor after the first point you wish to address:
Now click the "Quote Break" button, and you get:
Now you can enter your response to this first point, and then continue with each successive point.
Everything is fully phrased.
- Resolved potential conflicts between BBCode tags.
- Moved "Quote Break" button to the far left, and the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button to its right.
- Added setting to allow control over the position of the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" button in case you change the width of the "Quote Break" by editing the phrase containing its text value.
- If WYSIWYG editor is disabled, or Standard Mode is forced on users, then button tooltip no longer displays message about Standard Mode being recommended/required.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder packaged in the .zip file to your forum root.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.