This product is designed to allow your users to easily report various aspects of the profiles of other users. In the product settings, you can set which aspects of user profiles are shown on the report form (you can select from a list of pre-defined reasons and then add your own custom reasons), define a list of usernames which are not allowed to report profiles, prevent entire usergroups from reporting profiles and set the destination forum for the generated reports (the default is the same destination forum for reported posts). This product is compatible with my "Report Thread Prefix Management" product as well.
Upon installation a column is added to your "user" table that stores the threadid of the report thread so that all reporting of a particular user's profile will all go to the same thread. After activating and configuring the product, users will see a new link on the profile pages of users (and the report icon) which they can use to report that profile.
If a user has previously reported a certain user's profile, then the icon button changes to red and there is a tooltip advising the user they have already reported that user's profile, and in case that is missed, an alert is shown if the "Report "Profile" link is click advising the user and giving them the opportunity to cancel the operation.
By default, a user may report the profile of another user from their profile page, however there is a product setting which allows you to give your users the ability to report profile from thread postbits.
When filling out the form, if a user clicks "Submit Report" without checking any of the checkboxes, then they will be alerted that a reason must be given for reporting the profile. If the user checks the "Other" checkbox, but does not enter any text into the text box meant for giving the reason (or any other additional comments), then they are alerted that a reason must be given when selecting the "Other" option.
Then, when the form is submitted, a redirect message thanks the user for reporting the profile and advises them that the staff will deal with the issue as soon as possible. They are then returned to the profile they reported.
The details of the report are then posted to a thread in the forum you have set as the destination forum for the reports.
All users who can view the destination forum for the generated reports will also see an icon to the right of the "Report Profile" link for profiles that have previously been reported that links to the report thread, and if you are using my "Report Thread Prefix Management" product, the status of the report is included in the tooltip for that icon.
Note: If you choose a destination forum other than the default for reported posts, and you are using my "Report Thread Prefix Management" product, then you will need to use the "Forum Manager" to allow the prefix set defined by that product to be used there.
- Additional CSS added for sites with dark styles.
A special word of thanks goes to Dave who noticed an SQL injection vulnerability and discretely called this to my attention, and offered advice on how to eliminate it.
- Data used in db queries is sanitized to prevent SQL injection.
- Removed unnecessary db query since needed data was already present.
- Added the option to exclude usergroups from having their profiles reported.
- Added the option to set a minimum post count before users may report profiles.
- Fixed minor error for online location reporting.
- Removed some CSS for colors so the StyleVars can take effect.
- Fixed bug where null thread was created when a report is posted to an existing thread.
- Fully phrased.
- Added option to allow users to report profiles from within the postbits.
- Borders on form styled with form border stylevar.
- Settings check more efficient.
Note: Unlike in previous versions, where you selected the pre-defined reasons your users can choose from on the report form (and could add additional reasons), in version 2.0 you simply edit the product's phrase which contains a comma-delimited list of reasons. This allows you to completely customize as well as translate your reasons list.
- Phrased all text in generated report.
- Fixed issue where checked reasons weren't shown in the report.
- Fixed issue with postbit icon not displaying.
- Phrased page title.
- Added setting choice of icon location.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product alters your database, however it is always good practice to keep regular backups and you should backup before installing ANY new product.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the files from the "upload" folder to your root folder on your server.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.