This product is designed to send a visitor message to all new users once they have completed all verifications, and/or returning members (who have been inactive for a defined number of days). The author of the visitor message can be one or more users chosen at random which you define in the product's settings. The body of the messages are also defined in the settings, with designated replacements for the username of the recipient, your forum bbtitle, and the username of the author.
When a new member registers, they may be sent a visitor message to welcome them:
And when an existing member returns after a certain number of days, they can be sent a message to welcome them back:
- Database is updated so that the author of the visitor message will appear to have visited the profile page of the new user.
- Returning members (who have been inactive for a defined number of days) can now be sent a visitor message.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.