This simple product will mark a thread as unread when a post is edited, and the content of the post actually changes.
The site I help administrate is a math help forum, and sometimes users will post an incomplete question for which no help can effectively be given, and then they will later edit their post to provide relevant information, and it is nice for that thread to then be returned to unread status.
In the settings for this product, you choose which users (by usergroup and/or username) who will see the thread with the edited post as unread and which usergroup(s) making such edits will cause the thread to be marked as unread.
Note: Upon installation of version 2.0 or higher, the setting "Thread/Forum Read Marking Type" is auto-set to "Database (automatic forum marking)" in order to make certain this setting is fully compatible with this product.
- Allows you to choose users for whom threads will be marked as unread by usergroup, userid, or both.
- A complete overhaul, easier to use and more efficient code logic.
- Fixed issue where other threads not actually read, yet marked as read using the "Mark Forums As Read" links, will stay marked as read when a post is edited.
- Product is now triggered by the usergroup membership of the post author, not on who actually edits the post.
- Fixed issue where edited posts were marked as unread for the person making the edit.
- Disabled on CMS and Blog scripts to avoid potential db errors.
- Fixed plugin typo.
- Threads are marked as unread only if a post edit history is created. The post edit history is used to navigate to the edited post when clicking the "Go to first new post" button.
- Added settings to allow for turning off the option to go to the edited post, individual users that trigger the product, and active forums.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.