This product allows you to define users whose profiles have restricted viewing, and users whose permission to view profiles belonging to the former group is prohibited.
To define a user whose profile is hidden, in the product settings you can either choose to hide entire usergroups, or hide individual users by username, or for users who are selected in the settings to hide/unhide profiles from within the profiles themselves, a link to do so will be displayed in the profile sidebar.
If a user is restricted from viewing another user's profile, then the "View Profile" link will be missing from the "member action dropdown" menu, and if they click a link that leads directly to that user's profile, they will be show a redirect message alerting them that viewing that profile is restricted.
You can also choose to set certains users with the ability to always see all profiles.
The phrases for this product all begin with "markfl_hideprofiles_".
- Custom template now cached.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.