This product is designed to allow you to make vBulletin's thread rating system more visible and configurable. Your settings regarding whether users are allowed to change their votes and to check the thread rating are taken into account. However, if you choose to use the highly visible thread rating, if a user has already rated a thread and you do not allow vote changes, they will not be shown the voting options, but will instead be shown a message that they have already voted and vote changes are disabled.
The settings are divided into two categories:
Highly Visible Thread Rating Settings
Here you may set whether you wish for the thread rating system to appear at the top of showthread pages rather than in the thread controls bar. You can then configure the CSS for this element. Lastly, you can decide if you wish for the list of users who have rated a thread (along with their vote) to be displayed. The users are shown using their HTML markup, and link to their profile pages. You may select which usergroups are allowed to view who rated threads
Thread Rating Control
Here you can exclude usergroups from being able to rate threads. You may also exclude forums from thread rating, while forums that have been excluded from the rating system via your Forum Manager will remain excluded regardless of this product's settings.
This product is an extension of the mod vb.org Rating System for vb4 authored by eTiKeT™ (who graciously marked the code reusable).
This product does not require you to make any template edits, just install it and set your settings.
- Added setting for the selection of usergroups allowed to see who rated threads.
- Fixed conflict with function name used by my "Featured Threads" add-on.
- Admin options processing more efficient.
- Templates now cached.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.