This product allows you to designate a list of BBCodes and a list of Smilies that will be disabled for the users/usergroups you select. You may also restrict users individually, with their own separate lists of restrictions. The affected BBCodes/Smilies will be disabled only in the areas you select, and you can elect to have them disabled in signatures and previews (corresponding to the other areas selected) as well. You can disable only the display of restricted content, or you can choose to prevent restricted content from being saved to the database altogether.
- Fixed HTML encoding issue.
- Added option to disable smilies.
- Added option to select usergroup membership type (primary only/secondary only/primary and secondary).
- Added option for individual custom restrictions by username.
- Replacement message can be set for BBcodes only, smilies only, both BBCodes and smilies, or turned off.
- Quoted posts/PMs of restricted users now has BBCodes/smilies disabled.
- Fixed bug with non-Latin characters.
- Fixed reported issue with PMs.
- Added the option to prevent restricted content from being saved to the database, and old restricted content to be removed.
- Moved the code that parses content to an external script to avoid redundancy.
- Fixed reported issue with Signatures.
- Fixed multi-quote issue.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and may work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does not alter your database on installation, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your server's root directory.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.