This product is designed to allow your users to easily display usernames with their currently chosen HTML markup in posts, private messages, visitor messages and group messages. Upon installation, a new BBCode is created, and a button added to your editor toolbar, which generates [UNM][/UNM] tags, short for UserName Markup.
Then by placing a valid username of a member of your forum within these tags, their name will display using the currently chosen display group of that user. You are given the option for the marked up usernames to link to profiles.
- Support for signatures added (includes edit previewing).
- Added setting option for marked up usernames to link to profiles.
- Bug fixed regarding mix of valid and invalid usernames in the same content.
- SEO friendly links to user profiles.
- vBulletin's intrinsic username markup function used.
- Username matching is now case-insensitive.
- Bug fix for usernames with special characters.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product alters your database, however it is always good practice to make regular backups and you should make a backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always, products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will provide support and do my best to help but no absolute guarantee is offered.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
- Follow AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product .xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import."
- You MUST enable the product in the settings before it will function.
- Configure the remaining settings to your liking. Each setting has a detailed explanation of its use.