This mod will automatically generate a report thread when a new user posts a reply to a thread that has been inactive for a time (necro-posting) and/or has included certain words in the content of their post (and signature if you want). This includes the case where the new user edits an existing post they have made to add such words.
In the included screenshots, you can see the options provided via the AdminCP to configure the product to suit your needs, the default message shown to new users upon editing a post to add flagged words, an example of a thread as listed in the designated report forum, and the body of the generated report.
- User is allowed to chose excluded usergroup(s) from list of available groups
- User is allowed to chose destination forum for generated reports from list of available forums
- User is allowed to opt out of generating reports (moderate posts only)
- Bug fixed where user editing existing post to include flagged words was shown moderation queue message even when posts were not moderated
- Excluded usergroup selection is 2 columns to save space
- Added the option to exclude users by username
- New users may now be blocked from creating/editing signatures containing flagged words
- Customize the error message shown to such users
- Destination forum for generated reports is also a 2 column format
- if no destination forum is selected when saving the settings the first time, the forum used for user-reported posts is auto-selected
- Bug fixed with regards to the first post of a thread being put into the moderation queue and user post counts
- Resolved conflict with "Automatic Tagger From Message Content and Title"
- Include new user's IP address in report post, with link to resolve IP
- Report which flagged word(s) were found in post content and/or signature
- Added the option whether to exclude users by postcount
- Allow standard wildcards in flagged word definitions
- Allow product to either act globally or in select forums
- Added the option whether to include posts/signature in report whether flagged or not.
- Allowed domains: sites to which links are allowed.
- Quoted content (as long as it has not been altered) is exempt from being checked for flagged words.
- When a new user's post goes into moderation, they are shown a static error message, rather than vBulletin's fleeting message new users often fail to be able to read/understand.
- Found and fixed a syntactical error preventing selected forums setting from working correctly.
- Will now auto-add the unresolved report thread prefix when creating the report if "Report Thread Prefix Management" is installed and active.
- Data-type for destination forum fixed to positive integer.
- Fixed broken link to post when the reported post is the first in a thread.
- Replaced usergroup and forum selection settings with select elements.
- Added the option to decide whether to display the product's moderation queue message or to use vBulletin's default message and redirect.
- If your automated reports go to the same forum as user reported posts, then any subsequent user reports will be appended to the thread generated by this product.
Tested and working on VB 4.2.x and should work on all 4.x versions of vBulletin.
This product does NOT alter your database, however it is always good practice to keep regular backups and you should backup before installing ANY new mod.
As always products are USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I will try to help if I can but no guarantee is offered or implied.
- Download and extract the attached .zip file.
- Upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your forum's root directory.
- In AdminCP go to Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product.
- Click on "Choose File" and browse to the product xml file that was packaged in the .zip file.
- Click "Import"
- You MUST set your settings to enable the mod. Each setting has an explanation of its use.