Finding Physics Books on String Theories and Quantum Mechanics

In summary, the conversation is about finding online resources for studying string theories, quantum mechanics, and related topics. A few links are shared, including a website for free Quantum Field Theory and string theory books, and another website with additional resources. The person asking for recommendations expresses their gratitude and asks for more suggestions.
alexsok
Hey guys!

I was wondering, where could i find elucidating Physics books on String theories, quantum mechanics (QED, QCD, QFT, LQG, etc) and all related on the web?

I've done some search, but all i could come up with was an electronics and engineering related forums, and that is not in my best interests...

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
For some nice Quantum Field Theory online (free! ) check this out:
http://www.lorentz.leidenuniv.nl/vanbaal/FTcourse.html [Broken]

And some nice string-theory by Nobel-prize winner G. `t Hooft:
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/lectures/string02.ps [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx m8, i appreciate it! :)

Do u have other links as well? perhaps freely available (not a necessity ;)) books, ala the recent LQG book b Roselli?

Thx again!

http://www.physics.sunysb.edu/~siegel/plan.html [Broken] also has a few free online books on his website.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some popular books on string theories and quantum mechanics?

Some popular books on string theories and quantum mechanics include "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, "The Hidden Reality" by Leonard Susskind, "The Fabric of the Cosmos" by Brian Greene, "Quantum Physics for Dummies" by Steven Holzner, and "String Theory for Dummies" by Andrew Zimmerman Jones.

2. Are there any introductory books for beginners on these topics?

Yes, there are several introductory books for beginners on string theories and quantum mechanics such as "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, "Quantum Physics: A Beginner's Guide" by Alastair Rae, and "String Theory: An Introduction to the Bosonic String" by Joseph Polchinski.

3. Can I find these books at my local library?

Yes, most public libraries have a selection of books on string theories and quantum mechanics. You can also check with your university or college library for more specialized and advanced texts.

4. Are there any online resources for finding physics books on these topics?

Yes, there are many online resources for finding physics books on string theories and quantum mechanics. Some examples include Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Google Books. You can also search for specific titles on websites such as Goodreads or LibraryThing.

5. Are there any specific authors or publishers known for their work on string theories and quantum mechanics?

Yes, some well-known authors and publishers in this field include Brian Greene, Leonard Susskind, Joseph Polchinski, and Springer, Oxford University Press, and Cambridge University Press.